Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Card - Cancelling Sky

Options
  • 16-02-2017 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can clarify:

I've just cancelled my sky subscription. This shouldn't affect my ability to watch eir / BT channels via my sky box should it? i.e. the card and box will still pick up my eir and BT channels and I don't need an active sky subscription.

Also as a non eir broadband subscriber is there any way to watch via the web given I already have a subscription? I don't have an eir account number (just an old setanta one).

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Nelbert wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Hoping you can clarify:

I've just cancelled my sky subscription. This shouldn't affect my ability to watch eir / BT channels via my sky box should it? i.e. the card and box will still pick up my eir and BT channels and I don't need an active sky subscription.

Also as a non eir broadband subscriber is there any way to watch via the web given I already have a subscription? I don't have an eir account number (just an old setanta one).

Cheers
    Hi Nelbert,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you cancel your Sky TV subscription, your eir Sport channels will still be active on the current viewing card (along with still receiving all the FTA channels). Generally, if you are subscribed to Sky TV for more than 12 months the equipment is still yours.

I'm afraid if you are not an eir broadband there is currently no facility to watch eir Sport via the web.

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can clarify:

Cheers
    Hi Nelbert,

If you cancel your Sky TV subscription, your eir Sport channels will still be active on the current viewing card (along with still receiving all the FTA channels). Generally, if you are subscribed to Sky TV for more than 12 months the equipment is still yours.

I'm afraid if you are not an eir broadband there is currently no facility to watch eir Sport via the web.

Thanks,
    Pamela
    Thanks Pamela,

Sky customer support doing some horrific scaremongering and blatant lying then.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can clarify:

Cheers
    Hi Nelbert,

Thanks,
    Pamela
    Thanks Pamela,

Sky customer support doing some horrific scaremongering and blatant lying then.

Cheers.
    No problem at all  Nelbert :D Let me know if you need any further assistance.

-Pamela 

Advertisement