Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark Clattenburg Quits job as a Premier League referee.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In hindsight I’m not proud. If the same thing happened today I wouldn’t have done it.

I was only 15 at the time I may add.

Well that changes it significantly in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

In hindsight I’m not proud. If the same thing happened today I wouldn’t have done it.

I was only 15 at the time I may add.
    Ha, what a plot twist. The M. Night Shyamalan of football referees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Ha, what a plot twist. The M. Night Shyamalan of football referees.

Come again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I've just had a look at the highlights. Yeah of course Spurs lost the heads and some players certainly deserved at least a second yellow. Obviously Dembele and Lamela deserved reds for the eye gouge and stamp on Fabregas's hand but you have to assume those were not seen. Diers lunge on Fabregas probably deserved a red, certainly I have seem them given but I can understand the context the Clattenburg took. The highlights didnt show what time was left after that tackle but if memory serves me correct there was only a couple of mins left. Would a red card have made any difference?

Normally in a game like that a red card might settle things down but Spurs heads had gone. They didnt care, he would have had to start throwing out red cards like confetti and then the attention would have been deflected from Spurs on to him.

I can get why he did it, I just dont get why he feels the need to broadcast it. Pure arrogance is my best bet.

Bollox. Lamela deserves a statue in his honour for that. It was glorious.

Advertisement