Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age limitation for Temporary Foreign Worker

Options
  • 16-02-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone,

My friend is interested in living and working in Canada for a while. I think its a 2 year working holiday visa you get from Ireland. However she is wondering if she is still eligible as she is now 35, turning 36 in June. Is she too old now or does anyone know what are the age restrictions/limitations?

Thanks,

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If she applies now, she should be fine. Her application needs to be processed before she turns 36. If this happens then she'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ireland — Working Holiday

As of Monday, October 17, 2016, at 10:00 am Eastern Daylight Time, this pool is open. If you’re eligible, you can submit your profile now.
    Quota: 7,700
    First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
    Final round of invitations: To be announced
    Invitations issued to date: 5,376
    Spots available: 4,719
    Candidates in the pool: 196

The data for this category are based on the information available on February 17, 2017.
    So basically, if your mate goes balls to the wall, and gets everything done this week, now, no fcuking about, she will hopefully get accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Further info;
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=ie&cat=wh
    To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:
    • be an Irish citizen,
    • have a valid Irish passport for the duration of your stay in Canada—your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport,
    • be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive),
    • have the equivalent of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada,
    • be able to take out health insurance for the duration of your stay—you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada,
    • be admissible to Canada,
    • have, prior to departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you will have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada,
    • not be accompanied by dependents, and
    • pay the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irlcad

I was 35 when I applied, 36 when I entered.

We were given only 1 year permits when we arrived in Toronto airport in March 2015. You don't know this until you arrive and no arguing will change their mind.

Managed to get a 1 year extension last March, PR last month!

Advertisement