Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants out, owner moving back in. How long take

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

enricoh wrote: »
    Who's to say what the chat was about!
    Still the thoughts of paying someone a few grand and them laughing at you would do my nut in. Plus it guarantees he does it to the next landlord and tells his mates to do the same. If he gets a good scare he'll think twice the next time!

Well fair enough. Hoping to be in the profession one day when I grow up so I don't know why I keep trying to stop people needing their services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Lay people can read the law aswell. It should be easy enough. And if it is easy everyone would be doing it too. So it is not easy QED.

if a solicitor is required it ain't an easy gig. Back it up please. Thanks.

It is far from easy. people can read but not understand. Most don't even know where to look
    This is what Judge laffoy, who is now a Supreme Court judge and a leading expert on landlord and tenant law said in the case of Canty v PRTB on 8th August, 2007

He has raised technical points in relation to the Act of 2004 which, in my view, is an extremely complex piece of legislation. He has advanced interpretations of some of the provisions of that Act which are contorted in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'd be very interested to see what would happen if a LL, once valid notice was properly issued and expired forced 'tenants' out. I'd be very dubious that it would end well for the landlord I have to admite, but I can certainly understand why someone would resort to self help in the current climate.

I'd be very interested to see what would happen if a LL, once valid notice was properly issued and expired forced 'tenants' out. I'd be very dubious that it would end well for the landlord I have to admite, but I can certainly understand why someone would resort to self help in the current climate.

That is not what I have been talking about. I am talking about a situation where there has been a determination order by the RTB which the tenant has ignored.
    This is the danger with this topic. people misunderstand what is being discussed constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

4ensic15 wrote: »
    That is not what I have been talking about. I am talking about a situation where there has been a determination order by the RTB which the tenant has ignored.
    This is the danger with this topic. people misunderstand what is being discussed constantly.

Well would you ever give up yer oul sins, and say it out and loud and proud for the benefit of those lay litigants (OMG no, not them again) and be clear about it.

FGS another Law Library wannabe.

• Advertisement

• As someone who has been through this before: My 2 cents is give the required notice period. Then get a locksmith in and have a friend film the whole thing. Once the locks are changed get a nice big dog and stick him/her in the back garden and then politely tell the tenants to F off. You then tell them you will arrange a time for them to collect their stuff. Simple as that. They are on the social so they won't have any money to sue you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

4ensic15 wrote: »
    It is far from easy. people can read but not understand. Most don't even know where to look
    This is what Judge laffoy, who is now a Supreme Court judge and a leading expert on landlord and tenant law said in the case of Canty v PRTB on 8th August, 2007

He has raised technical points in relation to the Act of 2004 which, in my view, is an extremely complex piece of legislation. He has advanced interpretations of some of the provisions of that Act which are contorted in the extreme.

You are a messer.

Judge Laffoy is a female. Mary Laffoy to be exact. Back in yer box.

You are a messer.

Judge Laffoy is a female. Mary Laffoy to be exact. Back in yer box.

She was referring to the litigant who was a lay litigant. It might have been you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Post: Ok, thread closed. Going all over the place. If you want a legal discussion on evictions, take it to the Legal Discussion section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement