Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you but maize

• 16-02-2017 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I was wondering does anyone know where you can get maize. I've tried a few different co ops and farm supply stores but they all do the same products. Flaked maize ground maize and maize meal. No where seems to do maize in its purest form,as a big kernel. I don't mind doing the cooking and soaking process. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭Odelay

Ethnic shops? Places where people from Africa get their food?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Il try a few them shops in the next few day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

if you know any racing pidgeon men they will put you right.

Ya it seems to be in pigeon feed alright but I've never seen it without all the other grains and seeds that come with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Just been talking to a pidgeon man he said you can get it on its own with nothing mixed true it in any corn supplier he gets his from bandbridge but said he use to get it in dublin bandbridge much closer to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

There's a Pigeon feed shop in Bray that sell it, can't remember name sorry, Billy something or other

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We used to get our maize meal from the local farmers co-op. Around €20-€25 per 50kg bag. It used to last us all summer when prebaiting for bream.

Ya I use maize meal myself. Think I got a 20kg bag for 8.50. Really want to try the maize this year. Not just for the prebait but as a hookbait. About 3 years ago the local fishing shop got this polish maize. It came in a bag as a wet mix. The kernels were perfert for a hair rig and the fish went mad for it. Apparently it stops the smaller fish from running off with your prebait unlike corn.

Got a bag of whole maize in limerick this morning. 20kg for 9euro happy days. I've a brew on already. Lovely big hard kernels. Let's hope the fish take a liking to then now. Thanks everyone for there help

Advertisement