Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ghosting" properties on property websites?

Options
  • 16-02-2017 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Another thread had me wondering to see what properties in the area we sold in last year were currently selling for and I noticed our property wasn't yet appearing on the register.

A google search brought up a page on myhome.ie with our previous ad, under a different selling and letting agent, that had been refreshed Christmas week, despite it being sold around September. The property is still listed as sold, but the photos and description are our old ad, so what's that all about?

Is the agent copying the ad chancing their arm trying to get hits and say oh, that's sold, but how about these on our books?

Other homes I know that were sold have had their listings removed from the website.

Edit: The agent, according to solocheck.ie, only came into being in April of 2016, but solocheck mentions that it may trade under the name of the original agent, who apparently seem to have permanently closed.

The plot thickens, they must have all gone their separate ways, there was a meeting of creditors last week.

Advertisement