Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child Refugees

• 16-02-2017 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Whether you agree with what he stands for or not Tommy Robinson has released a video about the " child refugees " that have entered the UK. I don't know much about how they do computer age or how accurate it is but it is quite scary. I dont have children but I'd be quite concerned if I had girls going to school in case they had to set next to one of these " children " One 12 year old was able to completely strip a rifle at a shooting range, he then ended up being 21.
    I really hope our Government know what their doing as it wont be any of their children going to school with these " child refugees " I wonder if a school girl gets attacked by someone who turns out to be a grown man, will they be able to sue the Government?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YkVoiH4hs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Well I would expect anyone of "shooting age" to be able to handle a firearm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Whether you agree with what he stands for or not Tommy Robinson has released a video about the " child refugees " that have entered the UK. I don't know much about how they do computer age or how accurate it is but it is quite scary. I dont have children but I'd be quite concerned if I had girls going to school in case they had to set next to one of these " children " One 12 year old was able to completely strip a rifle at a shooting range, he then ended up being 21.
    I really hope our our Government know what their doing as it wont be any of their children going to school with these " child refugees " I wonder if a school girl gets attacked by someone who turns out to be a grown man, will they be able to sue the Government?

I'd bet the house they don't have a clue of the true ages of these guys that are coming here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I'd bet the house they don't have a clue of the true ages of these guys that are coming here.

Are they the hairy children that Kat Zappone is so fond of? Bless their little cotton socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

It was even on one of those border patrol UK programs. Guy from either Ghana or Nigeria said he was a child & he had no paperwork so they had to put him in a foster home until the results came back. Turned out he was nearly 30, when they went to get him from the foster home he was gone & they couldn't find him. If someone comes with no paperwork they should be sent to the back of the queue. We have Africans pretending to be Syrians when they are clearly not. We have men pretending to be boys & where are all the women?? All left behind to fend for themselves.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Donal55 wrote: »
    Are they the hairy children that Kat Zappone is so fond of? Bless their little cotton socks.

Mod note:

Please see the reasons why the last thread was closed and read the charter before posting again.

OP, something more substantial of a contribution is required beyond a youtube video and an expressed concern about the future. Are you criticising the government/eu plans, proposing any alternative etc?

• Advertisement

The UK have decided to end the refugee scheme so maybe our Government should be doing the same thing. The should be age tested before even thinking of bringing them here

Tusla advising Zappone today on RTE that those lovable hairy babies we are expected to take in from Calais might just actually be adults.

Quelle surprise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

So the goverment have been advised that this child refugee process is a complete mess risking damage to the reputation of Tulsa (which is damager enough given recent events) , damage to our relationship with the UK as ALL the child refugees have been refused entry there and pose a major risk of relocating to the uk after coming to Ireland. Many of the children may actually be adults according to the report (surprise, surprise)

Also for any genuine children there is the risk of more damage being done by separation from family "trauma to the children due to multiple moves, and relocation to Ireland could result in the reduced possibility of reunification with parents and families due to being moved from France to Ireland, where relatives are on mainland Europe or the UK".

This policy has to stop, our resources for dealing with children already known to Tulsa are strained as is, nobody benefits from it apart from the adult children trying to scam their way to a better life and the egos of do-gooders who are blind to reality.

The life's of these children are not under risk in their present location , they are not refugees. The politician and do-gooders will not be the ones dealing with the fallout from this already failed process, they are secure in their well to do homes and isolated from the reality of what will happen

[url]Http://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0219/853782-child-refugees-ireland-tusla/[/url]

Been refused entry into the UK?? That's OK, Ireland will take you in, give you food & shelter until your ready to take the short ferry trip to Holyhead. How hard is it to test all their ages in France first before bringing them in, if the UK refused them entry then there must be a problem

Been refused entry into the UK?? That's OK, Ireland will take you in, give you food & shelter until your ready to take the short ferry trip to Holyhead. How hard is it to test all their ages in France first before bringing them in, if the UK refused them entry then there must be a problem

It's obviously a report compiled by racist's , therefore anyone who expresses concern based on the facts contained there in is also a racist .

• Advertisement

" I wonder if a school girl gets attacked by someone who turns out to be a grown man, will they be able to sue the Government?

So if a schoolgirl gets attacked your big issue is that they can sue the government?

It's obviously a report compiled by racist's , therefore anyone who expresses concern based on the facts contained there in is also a racist .

I'd have no problem taking in these " child refugees " if Zappone let a few stay at her gaff, the same with the other do gooders. Lead by example & all that.
    It would keep the costs down & would help with the integration & language problems

bubblypop wrote: »
    So if a schoolgirl gets attacked your big issue is that they can sue the government?

No my big issue is that they are grown men who should not be allowed into the country & that it would be the Governments fault if a schoolgirl does get attacked by one of these so called " child refugees "

bubblypop wrote: »

I'm sure it's not his big issue but it's a valid question. Unless political figures and government can be held to account they will do as they want. If knowledge that the refugees where bogus and or dangerous was ignored by the powers that be , they should be held accountable. Court either criminal or civil is one such mechanism to hold them accountable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

So is tusla and dept of justice basically saying we shouldn't do this and there's too much risk? Also alluding that we don't have the social services to deal with it, and staff will have to be taken from existing children in need.

Not a great deal for Ireland what ever way you look at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd have no problem taking in these " child refugees " if Zappone let a few stay at her gaff, the same with the other do gooders. Lead by example & all that.
    It would keep the costs down & would help with the integration & language problems

Post more constructively please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

emo72 wrote: »
    So is tusla and dept of justice basically saying we shouldn't do this and there's too much risk? Also alluding that we don't have the social services to deal with it, and staff will have to be taken from existing children in need.

Not a great deal for Ireland what ever way you look at it.

Remember this....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/cabinet-to-hear-11-5m-needed-to-relocate-40-calais-minors-1.2930693

€287k for each of these 'children' to be brought here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Sureiknow

Every over aged so called child is depriving a real child of a place.
    Shame on them for doing so.

Go back to your country and fIght against IS and stop abandoning your women.

Saw on the news yesterday that the 40 that are arriving here have all been refused entry to the UK yet we let them in.

The government was also warned that they might be lying about their true ages (no surprise there) and some of them might try to cross the border into NI to get into the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The government was also warned that they might be lying about their true ages (no surprise there) and some of them might try to cross the border into NI to get into the UK.
    While at the same time the govt. is pleading a "special case" for a soft border with NI on the basis that we are an island far from mainland Europe (and Calais).
    The UK tabloids will have a field day when/if this happens, and they realise we have their back door wedged firmly open.

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    While at the same time the govt. is pleading a "special case" for a soft border with NI on the basis that we are an island far from mainland Europe (and Calais).
    The UK tabloids will have a field day when/if this happens, and they realise we have their back door wedged firmly open.

Oh I'd say there is no doubt that at least some of them will cross the border, it's the UK they are interested in and it suits them down to the ground that we have fools in Govt. willing to get them half way there and pay millions for their stay here in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Rightwing wrote: »
    These africans sicken me. A woman with 10 children, heading towards libya, destination europe
    Judging by the look of her she can't feed herself ffs, and 10 children hanging off here, 1 more pitiful than the next. Can anything be done to educate these backward *******

It's nice that you feel that you can look down on her but in all honesty I'd prefer her and the "10 kids hanging off of her" over here in this country than someone with the attitude you just displayed in this post.

At least she has the excuse of poverty for her supposed ignorance, what's yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

It's nice that you feel that you can look down on her but in all honesty I'd prefer her and the "10 kids hanging off of her" over here in this country than someone with the attitude you just displayed in this post.

At least she has the excuse of poverty for her supposed ignorance, what's yours?

Concern.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Sameoldname please read the charter before posting again. Constructive posting only please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Rightwing banned for racism.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Donal55 wrote: »
    Remember this....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/cabinet-to-hear-11-5m-needed-to-relocate-40-calais-minors-1.2930693

€287k for each of these 'children' to be brought here.

Imbecilic, €287k could probably fund a whole school in a refugee camp in Turkey/Lebanon. But for some reason people have to be allowed to come here.

goose2005 wrote: »
    Imbecilic, €287k could probably fund a whole school in a refugee camp in Turkey/Lebanon. But for some reason people have to be allowed to come here.

11million would look after a lot more people than 40 so called kid in Turkey/Lebanon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

All a con to continue to support terrorism abroad. Gvt have to be real and see the dangers that all these cases present. Helping these migrants will not solve the migration when the root cause has to be sorted at the source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭weisses

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    All a con to continue to support terrorism abroad. Gvt have to be real and see the dangers that all these cases present. Helping these migrants will not solve the migration when the root cause has to be sorted at the source.

First they are refugees and not Migrants.

And what danger do ALL these case represent ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

weisses wrote: »
    First they are refugees and not Migrants.

And what danger do ALL these case represent ?

In certain circumstance many of these people are not genuine refugees. They are economic migrants and it will be a task and a half to determine who are really in dangerous situation and who are not. The media have been using tear jerking scenes to elicit sympathy from the viewing public but does the help really get to the people in the line of fire. I sincerely don't believe so. Smugglers are making a pile of money out of the refugee disaster and we only hear about them when a truck full of migrants shows us in Austria or a port in Britain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Big big money for privately run provisions centres.

Its worth millions and of course our absolutely ridiculous gubernment is more then delighted to give their pals more and more tax payers money.

Look up and number of videos from Calais and see what's coming in here.

I'm worried and I really mean that.

I've a feeling these people will be brought in under the radar with very little media coverage so no awkward questions will be put to everybodies favourite American.

Although the chance of a leftie RTE or TV3 reporter asking one is remote anyway!

Advertisement