Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking For Free

Options
  • 16-02-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

HI Guys

anyone know of any areas around Dublin city that is free parking.

start work to early for public transport as i live in Clane Co.Kildare.

Cant justify spending 400 euro a month for Petrol & renting a parking space.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

onmarko wrote: »
    HI Guys

Thanks in advance
    Nowhere left.. and if there was, you wouldn't be guaranteed.. maybe park in a housing estate and cycle the remainder?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Park in the phoenix park, just inside the gateway (Not sure if your allowed park there anymore but I done it for a few years.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Phoenix park is free if it's not too far away for you

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

onmarko wrote: »
    HI Guys

Thanks in advance

Arbour hill?

Pheonix park might work too since your up and out early

4 Arbour Hill, Arran Quay, Dublin
    https://goo.gl/maps/8c2RskVwUmm

Luas into town shouldn't be dear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Park in the phoenix park, just inside the gateway (Not sure if your allowed park there anymore but I done it for a few years.)

Not allowed park from gate to first roundabout. Restricted to Garda cars using courts close to gate.

Very busy in mornings. OP, park there and cycle the rest as someone above said.

Or Clane to Sallins, park (not sure of cost) and use train on reduced commuter ticket. Again you will be left with bike from Heuston to centre. Not sure are you allowed bikes on train. The only thing you will save is your sanity as the N7 in mornings is getting worse with queues at Kill by 7:30am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 onmarko

Thanks for that guys.

South side of city would be good, as working by Hatch street,

• Registered Users Posts: 21 onmarko

Damien360 wrote: »
    Not allowed park from gate to first roundabout. Restricted to Garda cars using courts close to gate.

Very busy in mornings. OP, park there and cycle the rest as someone above said.

Or Clane to Sallins, park (not sure of cost) and use train on reduced commuter ticket. Again you will be left with bike from Heuston to centre. Not sure are you allowed bikes on train. The only thing you will save is your sanity as the N7 in mornings is getting worse with queues at Kill by 7:30am.

Hey,, I will be in the city for 6:30am. so beat all traffic,, plus all public transport doesn't start that early for me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have a look at Parkopedia.ie?

Drive to Sallin's train station and buy weekly ticket for €5 in car park across from train station.
    Get the new PTT service to Pearse Station at a cost of €150 per month on a leap card or half that price if you can get a Taxsaver ticket from employer.
    Walk the 10-15 mins to Hatch St.

There are 3 trains in the morning. I get the 7:29 which gets me into Pearse at 8:30. There is an earlier train. I get either the 16:43 or the 17:32 train home and there is another later one.

If you value your sanity, don't join the N7 morning disaster and the nightmare return journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Please stick to a single thread. Closed. Original thread; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057706220

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement