Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 7 Upgrade

Options
  • 16-02-2017 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

I have a Iphone 6 with three , all going fine but i'm entitled to upgrade past month or so and my daughter is hounding me to upgrade so she can get my phone.....as it turns out i got iphone 7 today but am quite content with my existing phone with apps etc on it....i gave new iphone 7 to daughter,she put her sim which is a meteor 15 euro amonth job in but its on about not been compatabile..what do we need to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

hurler32 wrote: »
    I have a Iphone 6 with three , all going fine but i'm entitled to upgrade past month or so and my daughter is hounding me to upgrade so she can get my phone.....as it turns out i got iphone 7 today but am quite content with my existing phone with apps etc on it....i gave new iphone 7 to daughter,she put her sim which is a meteor 15 euro amonth job in but its on about not been compatabile..what do we need to do??

The phone is network locked to three. Either pay for unlocking or put your daughter on three also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Would it cost much??.....or should i use the iphone 7 and give her the iphone 6 or is there still a fee??

Thought i gave her myiphone 5 in the past and dont recall a fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Take the 7 and give her the 6. Ask 3 to unlock it. There should be no fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just take the 7 yourself and contact 3 about unlocking you old 6 and then your daughter can use it for Meteor. This will not cost you anything as your 6 phone is out of contract.

You cannot unlock the 7 yet with three as is too new and you have to wait for 6 months into your new contratct. The only option to unlock it is to go to a dodgy shop and pay for it to be unlocked.

Also, I notice you say that 'you are happy with apps' etc.

You do realise once you have iCloud switched on and a backup done then once you login to your new phone then all your apps and setting will be downloaded so that the 7 will look exactly the same as your old 6?

Advertisement