Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re old greenhouse

Options
  • 16-02-2017 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

9g9kZ6.jpg

Hi ive got a old greenhouse at the end of my garden, every pane of glass is a different size, metal frame, i think i have to take out all the glass and grind the frame and paint it, glass is very expensive to replace , could I just replace with lenghts of corrugated sheets? or would someone suggest something else?
    i only want to grow some tomatoes with the kids
    thanks without spending alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

The photo isn't really clear enough to see the condition of it

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

most panes cracked or broken ,roof has lots of holes, frame is fine just rusty, id say it must have distorted and that caused glass to break

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The metal moving as a result of freezing and sun could have broken the panes. Anyway, yes you can use corrugated plastic sheets, check it out, there are some specifically made for greenhouses. The thing you have to remember is that they flex in wind and can then come out quite easily, you may need some extra cross pieces to screw the sheets to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I replaced mine with 3mm Perspex from a local builders merchant - flexible enough not to break but also doesn't pop out in the wind

Advertisement