Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone sales Ireland Facebook page

Options
  • 16-02-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I saw a sponsored post on my Facebook feed. It's called 'iPhone sales Ireland.' They offer really good prices on iPhones. They are all refurbished, unlocked and come with a 10 month warranty. I think the 6s 64 GB was most expensive at €550. So naturally I'm sceptical. Any one have any info on it? Or dealings with them? There was one negative review in the FB page and about 100 good ones. But also signs that the Donegal address was fake. Any info would be appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Keep away from it. Scammers are pulling strokes you wouldn't dream of.

https://youtu.be/SCpTimimPs4

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Fair enough, I don't doubt it, but that video, if I understand it, is about selling refurbs as new. Where as this site is advertising refurbs. I've no problem with a refurb. It's it's legit, I'd be happy, was just hoping someone had used them before. I created a similar thread about a site called eglobal central and it has hundreds of replies, and worked out for me in the end. I'm still tempted, but always weary. Thanks for your reply.

Also, if anyone can recommend anywhere with trustworthy second hand or refurbs, let me know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

naasrd wrote: »
    Keep away from it. Scammers are pulling strokes you wouldn't dream of.

https://youtu.be/SCpTimimPs4

Yeh I got stung with one of these. Bought it of adverts. Phone itself was perfect. Only had 5 months left on guarantee though. Was selling as new. But the thing was. Everything and I reckon the box even was counterfeit. Good counterfeit though. But I could not use the plug for fear it would go on fire.
    Still amazed though as he has 100% positive feedback. Except me 😄 I could have just been unlucky.
    To test them I was weighing them and shining lights through them and checking fonts. They where hard to spot.

Advertisement