Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Scheduled removal date" on Credit report

• 16-02-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, just wondering what the above statement actually means.I made stupid financial decisions years ago,and trying to get my act together now.I had 2 credit cards at different times. Both were eventually cancelled by the banks due to non-payments. Now, I have the first one cleared and all is sorted.The second one has about €900 on it, which Im paying off in bits.
    On my credit report,for the first credit card the "scheduled removal date" is Dec 2020, the second one says Feb 2021.
    So does this mean that say by end of Feb 2021,my credit report will be clear?If I was to try get a loan,would these credit cards be gone off my record?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

trionap11 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what the above statement actually means.I made stupid financial decisions years ago,and trying to get my act together now.I had 2 credit cards at different times. Both were eventually cancelled by the banks due to non-payments. Now, I have the first one cleared and all is sorted.The second one has about €900 on it, which Im paying off in bits.
    On my credit report,for the first credit card the "scheduled removal date" is Dec 2020, the second one says Feb 2021.
    So does this mean that say by end of Feb 2021,my credit report will be clear?If I was to try get a loan,would these credit cards be gone off my record?
    Thanks.

Yes it means the record of that debt will be removed by that date.
    Depending on how bad it looks and how your bank account is used now you might still get the loan from the bank you have your current account in. Especially if you explain the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lcampbell

Blingy wrote: »
    Yes it means the record of that debt will be removed by that date.
    Depending on how bad it looks and how your bank account is used now you might still get the loan from the bank you have your current account in. Especially if you explain the issues.

Hi, is the date worked out from the date a CC is revoked ? I have an old student one that says due to remove March 2021 but haven’t checked to see if it’s gone yet

Advertisement