Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heated grips

• 16-02-2017 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend set of heated grips...Have Yamaha 400 majesty...Left it in to a place to get it done ...Got message today that's it's a major job as the moped doesn't have standard handlebars ..And it's very awkward ...As with ordinary bike you can fit things on the bar ( wanted a USB power charger as well)....Seems to be a major operation now ...I'm just wondering in particular in relation to mopeds .Thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Anyone recommend set of heated grips...Have Yamaha 400 majesty...Left it in to a place to get it done ...Got message today that's it's a major job as the moped doesn't have standard handlebars ..And it's very awkward ...As with ordinary bike you can fit things on the bar ( wanted a USB power charger as well)....Seems to be a major operation now ...I'm just wondering in particular in relation to mopeds .Thks

Paddy

Cant say about the grips,but I use a Battery Tender USB socket on my bikes.
    Grand bit of kit.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thanks for that ..I wonder would u have a link for that by any chance thank you

Thanks for that ..I wonder would u have a link for that by any chance thank you

AKB Distributors in Swords Dublin.

or Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-Tender-QDC-USB-Charger-Socket-Plug-for-Sat-Nav-Phone-Charging-Etc-/381535749684?hash=item58d54d8634:g:WrAAAOSwnLdWr6Ts

AKB is cheaper though,14 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Any of you lot remember "hippo hands".....I still use them..look sh1te but work a treat....the new ones should be called "a pair of McGregor's"....:P

Any of you lot remember "hippo hands".....I still use them..look sh1te but work a treat....the new ones should be called "a pair of McGregor's"....:P

Yep,like sitting in your living room with the stove on.:D

http://www.hippohands.com/

• Advertisement

Wow..I thought that was just a name we oirish had for them....like the noddy (CD 175)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wow..I thought that was just a name we oirish had for them....like the noddy (CD 175)

The Noddy, Jesus we're showing our age now!.. I always loved those but never rode one.

Where does the 'Noddy name come from?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Paddy

..................Got message today that's it's a major job .........

Just .... no

This is a major job :

Paddy,fitting an SAE battery lead and USB charger socket is not a big deal.
    Its a piece of pi55 even for the likes of me,and thats saying something.:pac::D

You could do this in your driveway,shed,house or garage in an afternoon.
    Pop of a few panels here and there,and route the cable from the battery up to the dash.
    You may need to drill a small hole to bring the cable out near the dash,but its a very simple thing to do.

Sounds like this "company" you left the bike in to are trying to hit you with a big bill to do it or are looking for an excuse not to do it.

I showed you before how to make up a battery lead and how to route it.Easy to make up. Or buy a 4 foot pre made SAE battery lead off Ebay.
    Then plug in the USB socket and you are good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

never heard of them before, could've used them last Sunday ...bloody Baltic it was !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Paddy

No it's not a major operation, they're feeding you BS. Megabikes had one advertised a good while ago with them fitted, so it's obviously been done already. Google is your friend on that one.

I fitted them to an Aprilia Atlantic 500 scooter, and it was not big deal.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    never heard of them before, could've used them last Sunday ...bloody Baltic it was !

Very popular in France ...you dont even need to wear gloves...............if yer a real man..:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There is, or is soon to be a law over there requiring gloves though, more nanny statism :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

There is, or is soon to be a law over there requiring gloves though, more nanny statism :rolleyes:

I'm going to go with the rolleyes = sarcasm.

Here's the test rig for the abrasion test for motorcycle gloves. If you don't think you need them, then
    1. Remove pad with leather sample
    2. Insert hand
    3. Switch on belt sander
    4. Apply firm pressure to palm of hand onto the moving abrasive belt.
    5. Call into A & E as soon as possible.

483-1-full.png

Feel free to ignore the above and wear gloves.

Ode To The Motorist

These tests are made by manufacturers to scare people that have no cop-on and rely on others to tell them what to wear/do....

Its common sense to wear gloves.......if you want to go down that road, stick yer langer where the leather should be...you never know ,ye might slide down the road on it some day...:P

Stupid people might need the law to tell them what to wear. I don't.
    I also don't live in the south of France where it gets pretty hot in summer.
    The 'logical' conclusion of forcing grown adults to wear specific clothing because biking is 'dangerous' is to just ban biking altogether.
    Because if we're too stupid to be allowed make our own decisions on how we ride, we're too stupid to be allowed decide if we ride...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Stupid people might need the law to tell them what to wear. I don't.
    I also don't live in the south of France where it gets pretty hot in summer.
    The 'logical' conclusion of forcing grown adults to wear specific clothing because biking is 'dangerous' is to just ban biking altogether.
    Because if we're too stupid to be allowed make our own decisions on how we ride, we're too stupid to be allowed decide if we ride...

Yeah too right man because helmets are bad.

And helmets are clothing .

Boo urns on helmets.

Yes there is an argument against compulsory helmets too. I don't need a law to make me wear one.

The 'Yeah it's their head, but what about the cost to society' argument doesn't really work there, not wearing a lid you are more likely to be killed outright and not be a burden on society. Therefore it follows that more lid wearers will survive but will incur healthcare costs etc.

It's just another argument to ban bikes. If something is regarded as so dangerous that you can force people to wear specific clothing which can mitigate (but not prevent) death or serious injury, then using the same logic of 'protecting them from themselves' why not ban that activity altogether and prevent all the injuries and deaths.

Cause we can't be having personal liberty or stuff like that, sure people will go mad! :rolleyes:
    We can shoo off the catholic church but we'll keep the repressive mindset, it seems.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement