Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exactly how many hours for CP, SP and half in, half outs?

Options
  • 16-02-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

I've 45 hours in my head between all the different agreements but not sure.

* How many for Sustaining Progress?
    * How many half in/half outs?
    * 33 CP hours (8 flexible, moving to 10 in Sep 2017)

* Any other schools not getting the good of the 'flexi' hours? Ours are basically everyone in the school at the same time but at different department meetings, nothing flexible as such!

Being really lazy here but can't face going thru' TUI site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I've 45 hours in my head between all the different agreements but not sure.

* How many for Sustaining Progress?
    * How many half in/half outs?
    * 33 CP hours (8 flexible, moving to 10 in Sep 2017)

* Any other schools not getting the good of the 'flexi' hours? Ours are basically everyone in the school at the same time but at different department meetings, nothing flexible as such!

Being really lazy here but can't face going thru' TUI site.

Half in Half out should be 1 staff meeting per term, with 1 hour in school plus one after. The same agreement also provided the 3 out of hours parent teacher meetings at 2.5hrs so that all added together would give a grand total of 10.5hrs.of extra after school time by my calculations. (apart from the croke park hours)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I remember something in TUI news about 45 in total but am never sure where how the PT meetings should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I think it's 43.5 in total.

33 CP hours including 3 used to buy out the "half in" part of the Sustaining Progress meetings.

10.5 SP hours including:
    -3x1 for the "half out" part of the meetings
    -3x2.5 for PT meetings.

Bumping this thread to try to settle a discussion/argument on this.

I'm totally confused about the:
    33 + 12 hours = 45
    VS
    33 + 10.5 hours = 43.5

This isn't really helping:
    Hours Agreed in Earlier Agreements – 10.5 Hours – CL M58/04
    - 3 x 1 hour for staff meetings outside the normal school hours = 3 hours
    - 3 x 2.5 hours for parent teacher meetings outside the normal school hours = 7.5 hours.

1.1.15 The duration of a parent teacher meeting is defined as 3 hours for the purpose of this agreement. The delivery of ALL parent teacher meetings must be in the same format as set out in CL M58/04, i.e. 4.15 p.m. to 6.45 p.m. [TUI Note: This is as provided in 3(a) of the main document. However local arrangements can be reached, particularly if such arrangements apply to current parent teacher meetings.]

Is the PTM 2.5 hours or 3 hours?

Also, is it correct that PTM has to start at 4.15, regardless of school finish time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Bumping this thread to try to settle a discussion/argument on this.

I'm totally confused about the:
    33 + 12 hours = 45
    VS
    33 + 10.5 hours = 43.5

This isn't really helping:

Is the PTM 2.5 hours or 3 hours?

Also, is it correct that PTM has to start at 4.15, regardless of school finish time?

Yes. It is 4.15
    The teachers must have a minimum break of 30 minutes preceding it due to directives on time in work that could be breeched. Therefore the 30 minutes plus the 2hrs and 30 minutes are added together to reach 3 hours that you have to stay around for after school.
    Now some schools may have finished at 3.30 but they still are supposed to wait until 4.15 to start to facilitate the parents. You won't be granted 45 minutes in this instance.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clarifying.

Advertisement