Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult boxing lessons Kildare?

Options
  • 16-02-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I was wondering if there is anywhere in Kildare that an adult could join to learn to box? Im 30 so iv no ambitions to become a great, but just for the fun and fitness side of it. Most clubs i see only teach kids. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I was wondering if there is anywhere in Kildare that an adult could join to learn to box? Im 30 so iv no ambitions to become a great, but just for the fun and fitness side of it. Most clubs i see only teach kids. Thanks for any info.

There is a personal trainer in Newbridge who does Hatton boxing on a Thursday night.

He runs it in 6 week cycles and it's €40 for 6 weeks

You box with a partner using pads. So, you learn the different punches but it's for fitness rather than full contact boxing.

If it sounds of interest the guy's name is Keith Browne you can find full details on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

Eric Donovan runs a boxerise class in Athy boxing club every Mon Weds Fri 8.30pm to 9.30pm and 7.30pm to 8.30pm on Fri its very good and highly recommend it €7 a class or €15 for the week pay as you go so no commitment. Its not on this Fri as he is fighting Sat in the National area. but full week next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Google for Bushido. Kick boxing classes for all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Hi all, apologies for resurrecting an old thread but i have almost the exact same query as the OP, looking to take up boxing or a martial art, starting as an adult beginner.

I did try to find Keith Browne on facebook but had no luck.

Anyone any updated ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Unit13 Naas run great classes for all levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Advertisement