Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet questions in general, south county

Options
  • 16-02-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Was just driving to work this morning and noticed that new company starting up broadband in Kinvara/ ardrahan area. Am with lightnet paying €35 a month but sometimes can be slow.just wondering how other people finding lightnet. Tempted to move to imagine but only if its work it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Did you try contacting lightnet? They recently upgraded their infrastructure and are offering faster speeds for the same price but it's an 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Was just driving to work this morning and noticed that new company starting up broadband in Kinvara/ ardrahan area. Am with lightnet paying €35 a month but sometimes can be slow.just wondering how other people finding lightnet. Tempted to move to imagine but only if its work it.

Are you on the goEssential contract?

I'm thinking of signing up with them so am just wondering are you getting anywhere close to the up 100down/20up speeds they are currently advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Just wondering if anybody having very slow internet speed this eve with lightnet in Kinvara? Wondering if got tons with weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shadowfox89

Hey guys myself and my partner are moving to ardrahan in a week and have booked for Imagine to test the house were moving to for their fixed wireless broadband but is there anyone here that is or knows if they are reliable in that area (we will be about 3km from the village on the rathbaun farm side). We will require about 10 down and 4 upload minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Have used both companies. Imagine customer service is appalling. Lightnet I found to be excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

with Lightnet for a couple of months and while it is not blisteringly fast it is reliable and enough for simultaneous Netflix, radio streaming, browsing.. I'll be contacting them straight away if that deteriorates

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shadowfox89

jkforde wrote: »
    with Lightnet for a couple of months and while it is not blisteringly fast it is reliable and enough for simultaneous Netflix, radio streaming, browsing.. I'll be contacting them straight away if that deteriorates

Could you pop up a speed test for me? are you far from a mast/transmitter and do you have clear line of sight, are you near ardrahan by any chance?

Advertisement