Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan to develop hotel on site of former Shannon Dry Cleaners

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I don't spot anything like this in the planning application...
    https://plan.galwaycity.ie/?file_number=1741

Its a bit mad the difference between what seems to be in the planning and the final build. How is that allowed or where would you get more information/submit a question?

There are a lot of drawings on there so could be in there, but I didn't see it. Or could it be a follow-up application for the new design? Don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Andrea B. wrote: »
    I was more referring to the protrusion of SPAR entrance right out to footpath and making it necessary to ramp the footpath.

I wonder if this is deliberate, the ramp and railings might reduce people pulling up and parking outside the shop for "emergency shopping"..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

I wonder if this is deliberate, the ramp and railings might reduce people pulling up and parking outside the shop for "emergency shopping"..

I believe its to get the footpath to the same height as door level, i.e don't have a STEP into the store from the footpath. Would not been regulations if there was.
    Then railings are needed then because footpath is not a standard kerb height from the road. It is strange though original design did not place the doorway entrance into the store where they have now requested it to be installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I believe its to get the footpath to the same height as door level, i.e don't have a STEP into the store from the footpath. Would not been regulations if there was.
    Then railings are needed then because footpath is not a standard kerb height from the road. It is strange though original design did not place the doorway entrance into the store where they have now requested it to be installed.

From the picture, it looks like a better design: there's no way for teenagers to gather outside the door.

• Advertisement

From the picture, it looks like a better design: there's no way for teenagers to gather outside the door.

But that's the primary market, i.e the residents of the Student accommodation above and surrounding the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

But that's the primary market, i.e the residents of the Student accommodation above and surrounding the shop.

Why would students just stand around outside a shop when they live above it?

Fitz* wrote: »

Exactly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lovely view of the Dangan junction
    The proposal led by Tom Meehan & Sons Ltd sets out to provide bistro-style tables and chairs for the use of customers of the Spar retail unit. https://connachttribune.ie/plan-for-outdoor-seating-at-spar-unit-outside-newcastle-student-residence/

Place has a history of planning breaches
    https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/city-officials-investigate-concerns-over-change-to-footpath-at-westwood-in-dangan/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fitz* wrote: »

I'd forgotten about this thread!

Because some of them live in surrounding estates, not upstairs.

Some secondary school kids in the surrounding estates would see it as a place to meet their friends.

As planning breaches go, this is laughably minor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

This thread is about the hotel in prospect hill to be called the Dean. You are referring to the former Westwood

Advertisement