Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe in Michael Murphys.

Options
  • 17-02-2017 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

Any body know where the cafe that was in Michael Murphy in Newbridge has relocated to?
    Used to go there for the breakfast now and again and was hoping they had relocated somewhere nearby.
    Anywhere else in Newbridge that does a good brekkie?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I don't think they have relocated. There is a new bigger cafe going in the same place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Chat n chew across from Bergins pharmacy does a nice breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Cazale wrote: »
    I don't think they have relocated. There is a new bigger cafe going in the same place though.

Yeah I remember being their and they where letting people know they where leaving, but at the time they had hoped to move to a different premises. Haven't heard anything since and am craving some of their waffles that they done for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Murphys got planning retention last month for restaurant/cafe and entrance from cutlery road. I suspect it will be refitted and reopened soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

There is a sign on the restaurant saying the there will be a fresh food cafe called Market Cafe going in there.
    So, I suppose it's moving towards more healthy eating type of place.

There are two new cafes in town.

No. 5 Coffee House on Charlotte St ( used to be a Jack & Jills charity shop) - they do breakfasts, not so much your typical full Irish but variations on that theme, plus things like pancakes.

Another cafe opened today on Georges St where Salamander used to be. It's called UBH, it looks like they will do nice brunches.

Again, I don't think it's full fry-up kind of establishment

• Advertisement

Drove by Michael Murphy's today and the new cafe is open. Couldn't get a good look but I did see a fancy coffee machine and pizza boxes in the window.

wilser wrote:
    Yeah I remember being their and they where letting people know they where leaving, but at the time they had hoped to move to a different premises. Haven't heard anything since and am craving some of their waffles that they done for breakfast.

Update on this. They are moving to Henry Street and will be called Dora Mays. Pictures up on Facebook of them fitting out the new place.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭murt101

Dora May is moving from Michael Murphys to Henry Street, beside the old cinema. Looking forward to the healthy menu options again.

Advertisement