Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N26 banking

• 17-02-2017 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi everyone,

So I'm heading to china, SE Asia, OZ, NZ and India for 8 months.

Obviously I need cash and won't be working so I want as little charges as possible from transactions and purchases.

I have been told to try N26. I have been looking them up but really I still know nothing about them.

Can users who may have knowledge break things down for me on how they operate and advantages they have.

Also I seen that I can get travel insurance through them? I'd this comprehensive? And what does it cover?

All help is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lumina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

You should review the T&Cs to double check, but my guess is that the travel insurance is for short journeys only and wouldn't cover 8 months in a row away from your main country of residence.

For any questions the thread linked above is probably your best port of call, but in short: N26 works and will give you the cheapest way to access your money while traveling compared to any Irish bank (an also probably the best mobile banking app). However if you have a problem at some point (lets say the card stops working or gets hacked/stollen), don't expect a hotline which will answer instantly and help you (you will be able to lock the card through the app, but for anything you can't do yourself support can be slow and difficult to get in touch with). So I would make sure I have another card from a more traditional bank as a back-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

Hi this is probably the wrong place to go but I'm hopeless with this stuff so..I can't pay my monthly gym membership cause I need a sanding order to be signed by someone .. How do I get one to be payable to the gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hi this is probably the wrong place to go but I'm hopeless with this stuff so..I can't pay my monthly gym membership cause I need a sanding order to be signed by someone .. How do I get one to be payable to the gym

You can just set up the standing order through your mobile banking app.

Advertisement