Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Exchange Rates

• 17-02-2017 3:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi.  I'm just wondering, if I used my ATM card outside the EU, is there a website where I can see the exchange rates per
    country, and also if there are any additional charges.  Obviously I know there might be other charges on top from the bank I'm withdrawing from, so I'm just asking for information on BOI's side.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Knasher,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

The exchange rate on a Visa Debit card is set by Visa Card International and you can keep up to date on daily exchange rates on their website directly. Like wise, the exchange rate for Credit cards is set by MasterCard International. For information on our fees and charged on your card while abroad please see here goo.gl/lQldlO
    If you're planning on using a credit card, you can view these fees here goo.gl/3bmLOM

Also, if you're planning a trip we always advise that you let us know of your travel plans. If you are registered for 365Online you can submit this request through the Service Desk by selecting 'Travel Notification' and entering in your 16 digit Visa Debit Card numb and /or credit card number. Once sent, a note will be placed on your account.

I hope this helps and if you need any more information please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Okay.  Thanks for the information Elaine.

Advertisement