Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant propel 1

Options
  • 17-02-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi guys,anyone recommend the 2017 giant propel??anyone any other advice on bikes around 2-2500 mark??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

niallo76 wrote: »
    Hi guys,anyone recommend the 2017 giant propel??anyone any other advice on bikes around 2-2500 mark??

I picked up the propel 2 in Oct and love it. It has 105 but the propel 2 your looking at has ultegra which if funds would have allowed for I would have got but 105 is still more than adequate.

My only gripe is the wheels.. my God they love to go untrue. Not much of an issue as I'm saving towards a 58mm aero set because as you know, you can't have an aero bike without aero wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Thanks Paul for the advice,yep it's a nice looking bike imho,was looking at the KTM revelator also,suppose it's just a matter of taste,as the groupset are the same,better wheels on KTM,they come with cosmic elite!first world problems eh!!
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Have a look at Planet X, some great deals, the spec is amazing value...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

One common complaint with the Propel is that the frame is set up to get the rider into a complimentary aero position - so it's long and low and aggressive. If you can't touch your toes or you've a bit of a gammy back - it might not be for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yea the proper is a bit longer in the wheelbase and reach, but usually only less than 1cm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I got a Thompson Force with 105 groupset - very fast responsive bike.
    And you can choose your colour scheme when ordering - just over 2grand.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

yeah if you search for propel threads here you'll find some discussing sizing issues so be careful such as this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96666461

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Are you sure it's an aero bike you want? I ask as the KTM you mention isn't really comparable.

I love the look of the argon. FYI wheels are an upsell.

Possibly a cerveloeither some cracking frames and they'll have aero and standard options.

Worth considering canyon cf slx but I see another thread on headset bearing issues. Also the aeroad but probably out of budget.

950x560_KryptonBlack_A18_2015_554312bc-2557-428e-aa16-b517aa4c244c_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444401544

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Homer1798

I was looking at the propel, geometery seems to be the same as the 2015 TCR's as in Seat tube angle, top tube lenght, head tube height and angle so position shouldnt be a problem if you fit a TCR (newer TCR's have slightly shorter top tubes and steeper seat tube abgles).

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tcr-advanced-2-2015

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant-propel-advanced-sl-frameset.html

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

If you want to run 25c tyres the propel is not for you. The brakes and noodles are poorly designed and amazingly poorly executed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Advertisement