Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryan adams irish tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Is the Olympia sold out already? How is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Had two tickets but app wouldn't let me pay - "current cart has no outstanding balance" :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

There is supposed to be a second date but I cant see them on the ticketmaster site?

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/ryan-adams/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    There is supposed to be a second date but I cant see them on the ticketmaster site?

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/ryan-adams/

it's on the app now, still not on the site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

4 tickets for the circle up on fcuking seatwave for 1,171 euro :(

*****!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

yep second date added here

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ryan-adams-dublin-09-12-2017/event/18005255AE1C33AD

it wasnt showing on the main screen but if you tried to buy tickets for the first gig it came back with the sold out message and then underneath that it had a link for the new date added.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

4 tickets for the circle up on fcuking seatwave for 1,171 euro :(

*****!!

or €202 if you're quick for the Tuesday night :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Got Tuesday tickets through the phone line - 0818 719 330

Got 2 standing tickets for Tuesday. There's something seriously wrong with the way tickets are so easily obtained by touts in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

just got 3 standing for Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just got 2 tickets in Cork at 9:58.
    Was coming up as unavailable since 9am

Cork Opera House are selling tickets too,they have 202 standing tickets left as of this moment ,I just got 2 .
    They are cheaper than Ticketmaster too ,and you are supporting Irish .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

I missed the second date coming on, got upper circle for the 11th, not great but at least I'll be there I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Completely fcuked up. Thought these were going on sale next month. Can only get upperc on the Tuesday and can't complete sale on ticketmaster. Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Completely fcuked up. Thought these were going on sale next month. Can only get upperc on the Tuesday and can't complete sale on ticketmaster. Balls
    I thought they were on sale next month too but luckily came across this thread in time for the presale.

Did you try buying on the app? I was having issues on the website a few weeks ago but managed to buy on the app.

Ice Storm wrote: »
    I thought they were on sale next month too but luckily came across this thread in time for the presale.

Did you try buying on the app? I was having issues on the website a few weeks ago but managed to buy on the app.

I got them eventually.

Upperc in Olympia, are those seats any good?

So what was the story with tickets going on sale on Friday? Almost 100% sure it was next month. I put the reminder in the phone for night before and all.
    Had tickets to see him years ago in vicar street but couldn't go, so wasn't missing out this time.
    Was contemplating that soundwave muck and all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I got them eventually.

Upperc in Olympia, are those seats any good?

So what was the story with tickets going on sale on Friday? Almost 100% sure it was next month. I put the reminder in the phone for night before and all.
    Had tickets to see him years ago in vicar street but couldn't go, so wasn't missing out this time.
    Was contemplating that soundwave muck and all.

think you got the dates wrong man, tickets were always due to go on sale that date.

Also pretty sure that RA never played vicar street, mores the pity.

lordgoat wrote: »
    think you got the dates wrong man, tickets were always due to go on sale that date.

You're right, it was the ambassador in 2008. I'm on a roll of incorrectness.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You're right, it was the ambassador in 2008. I'm on a roll of incorrectness.

You did miss a hell of a show.

https://archive.org/details/ryanadams2008-11-08.sbd.flac24

I don't think I should listen to any of that. Hopefully this upcoming gig is as good as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

played the shelter in vicar st in 2001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

played the shelter in vicar st in 2001

& in 2000 in shelter

One of my all-time favourite gigs and Boots. That 'Goodnight Rose' jam never gets old.

& in 2000 in shelter

I was at this. His first show in Ireland. Brilliant night. As much a comedy show from Ryan Adams as a gig. He was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Decuc500 wrote: »
    I was at this. His first show in Ireland. Brilliant night. As much a comedy show from Ryan Adams as a gig. He was hilarious.

Yes a brilliant show in what was a tiny venue, unreal interaction with the audience. Also available in an excellent quality (if slightly low in volume) bootleg. I think he played the Kilkenny Roots festival after it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

perrier wrote: »
    Yes a brilliant show in what was a tiny venue, unreal interaction with the audience. Also available in an excellent quality (if slightly low in volume) bootleg. I think he played the Kilkenny Roots festival after it.

That Kilkenny gig was 2001 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Decuc500 wrote: »

Didn't he make up some song on the spot about going through security in Heathrow or something equally mad and it sounded great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

On Tuesday I got an email from Ticketmaster with a link to a free download of "To Be Without You" taken from Ryan's recent appearance on the radio show "A Prairie Home Companion".

Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

On Tuesday I got an email from Ticketmaster with a link to a free download of "To Be Without You" taken from Ryan's recent appearance on the radio show "A Prairie Home Companion".

Nice touch.
    Yeah, I dunno, in the age of the internet we have access to all kinds of live footage. I don't think a free download for a live performance is any good, when has anyone ever paid for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sold out? Looks like it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Anyone excited for these gigs?

I was at the first Olympia concert in 2015 for the Ryan Adams tour. Great atmosphere and he was on top form.

Prisoner album is growing on me but hard to predict a setlist as the back catalogue is massive

Going to Ulster Hall on Friday this time and can't wait!!

Advertisement