Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryan adams irish tour

Options

Comments

Anyone excited for these gigs?

I was at the first Olympia concert in 2015 for the Ryan Adams tour. Great atmosphere and he was on top form.

Prisoner album is growing on me but hard to predict a setlist as the back catalogue is massive

Going to Ulster Hall on Friday this time and can't wait!!

I'm going to Belfast and both nights in Dublin. I haven't seen him with a band in almost 10 years so I'm really looking forward to this.

As for the setlist, for those who want to know
    It seems that he has been sticking with a very similar setlist throughout all of his gigs this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Wow, fair play.

I'm sure it will be worth going to all three as no two Ryan Adams gigs are the same!

He's bound to mix it up a little and no doubt some improv stuff too!

I was checking out setlist fm alright and there is a decent core list alright.

Was also listening to the recent carnegie hall concerts on spotify. He's some man to tell a story!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

He's just tweeted that he's playing a surprise show for charity in McHughs Bar in Belfast tonight - now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Wonder if he'll do the same in Dublin - fair play to him, wonder where he'd play if he did?

Just out of ulster Hall.
    Initial impression is slightly underwhelmed.:(
    Nothing really to do with Ryan or the band. The crowd were very quiet during most of the concert. Setlist was good and mostly as per the recent concerts. Encore was Halloweenhead and I see monsters. Ryan himself was strangely by the numbers and had little to no interaction with the crowd - especially by his standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Is Karen Elson supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Yea Karen Eldon supported. Can't agree with Foreign Sports re Ryan Adams though. Yes he was quiet but the music was special. He was magical , really energetic from the start , quality songs and delivery all the way through - one of the very best gigs of the year in Belfast. Wow! Dublin you are in for something really really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Forster wrote: »
    Wow! Dublin you are in for something really really good!

Don't forget Cork tonight first! Looking forward to it.

Forster wrote: »
    Yea Karen Eldon supported. Can't agree with Foreign Sports re Ryan Adams though. Yes he was quiet but the music was special. He was magical , really energetic from the start , quality songs and delivery all the way through - one of the very best gigs of the year in Belfast. Wow! Dublin you are in for something really really good!

Yeah, maybe I am being slightly harsh above but I'm comparing to the Dublin Olympia concert from 2015 where there was way more crowd interaction and the atmosphere was much better. Again, I can't fault the show technically at all but there was something missing from the crowd imo.

We did see an older couple in their 70's there which was great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RamonD3

Heading down to Cork tonight and the 2 Dublin gigs, buzzing for it! How long did he play for last night?

• Advertisement

RamonD3 wrote: »
    Heading down to Cork tonight and the 2 Dublin gigs, buzzing for it! How long did he play for last night?

Just over 2 hours, blasted them out!

The new songs from Prisoner sounded really good too. Highlights for me were the jam in the middle of cold roses and Prisoner was much better than expected live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Really good night in Cork. Thought it dragged a bit towards the end to be honest, could have done with a bit of chat or crowd interaction to break things up a little bit but overall really great night!

jsms88 wrote: »
    Really good night in Cork. Thought it dragged a bit towards the end to be honest, could have done with a bit of chat or crowd interaction to break things up a little bit but overall really great night!

Sounds like the Belfast gig. It's really strange as he is normally brilliant at crowd interaction and throwing in funny anecdotes etc.

Now some may prefer them just to play song after song but for anyone who's seen him in the past, it's like he's a bit detached from the crowd and not his usual self

Hopefully they'll take it up a notch for the Dublin gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hopefully it reaches a crescendo for the Tuesday night!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone looking for tickets I suggest trying ticketmaster... now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

By any chance does anyone have 2 tickets for the circle seated that they might be interested in swapping for standing? Only reason I'm asking is cos I've got MS and not feeling 100% today so standing for X amount of hours might not be the best or do you think if I speak to some of the staff they might be able to help me out?

By any chance does anyone have 2 tickets for the circle seated that they might be interested in swapping for standing? Only reason I'm asking is cos I've got MS and not feeling 100% today so standing for X amount of hours might not be the best or do you think if I speak to some of the staff they might be able to help me out?

Pop onto toutless and try or twitter too. Only have the one ticket myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pop onto toutless and try or twitter too. Only have the one ticket myself.

Just had abit of a rest so hopefully that will get me through the gig. If I start feeling abit off I will have a word with some of the staff :)

Enjoy the show everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Many traveling to Dublin tonight?? Coming from carlow myself... Leaving in about 20 minutes

If anyone is looking for one standing ticket for tonight let me know. My OH can't go, late notice. I'm not trying to sell a ticket...it's long paid for and I've advertised it on Toutless and other places.

Just in case there's any fans still looking, I'm not pushed on the money I get for it either. Fans only, touts fúck off.

• Advertisement

Many traveling to Dublin tonight?? Coming from carlow myself... Leaving in about 20 minutes

Enjoy it man. I seem to remember you being a big fan from the 2015 concerts. Hopefully it will be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Relative to previous gigs it wasn't great, hardly said a word to the crowd at all. Musically was good as always, but no craic. Was half thinking of going for the second night as well, but will leave it after that

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Flattery

I loved it. Dumb rock show and nothing else. I've been a big fan for a long time, and realise there's two Ryan Adams: meaningful Ryan Adams and fun Ryan Adams. It may be a reflection of my age, but at this stage I much prefer fun Ryan Adams. Ten years ago, same venue, I was hugely disappointed. I delighted in that tonight. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Yes no interaction but man he was on form musically, I was floating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Couldn't care less about how much he talked or interacted with the crowd, I thought it was a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

What time did he come on at?

simonw wrote: »
    Relative to previous gigs it wasn't great, hardly said a word to the crowd at all. Musically was good as always, but no craic. Was half thinking of going for the second night as well, but will leave it after that

Ah jaysus he didn't talk to ya?
    Rothko wrote: »
    Couldn't care less about how much he talked or interacted with the crowd, I thought it was a great show.

This. Song after song after song. He was killing it. Give me songs instead of rambling on any day of the week.

loadwire wrote: »

around 9, played til about 11. No encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The interaction doesn't bother me whether it happens or not but feck me he was on form with every song last night.. The set list was excellent with too many highlights to mention.. The band are excellent too.. Kinda surprised by no encore but I came away absolutely delighted with the gig.

Can't wait for the next one as he hasn't let me down yet

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

2 or 3 extra songs over interaction all day. How was the support? Excited for tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭an_damhan

loadwire wrote: »
    21:00 on the button, disappeared shortly before 23:00 in a cloud of dry ice!

Advertisement