Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland reshipping service?

Options
  • 17-02-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have a small ecommerce site for my business where we ship to Ireland and the UK.

The problem is my shipping cost to the UK are far to expensive and I think I am missing out on business because of it. I don't have the volume to use a fulfillment company and I am wondering is there any company's in the Northern Ireland that will offer a reshipping service?

So when I receive an order for the UK it's packed shipped the company in Northern Ireland who then send it to my client via royal mail?

Does anyone know of a company what doe that sort of thing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

You need to find a good service here. We use DPD and get charged €6.25 +vat for up to 20kg to UK.

Meeting with An Post next week as they are planning a 3 day parcel service to UK and reckon they can beat our DPD price.

Going from here to NI and then to Britain would be too costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

What is the equivalent An Post service you are using? As in what size are the items you ship?

I ship pretty large quantities of small packets/parcels to the uk/eu through Royal Mail from the north but have staff who do the ferrying back and forth as we people close enough to the border for it to make sense.

Our main savings compared to An Post are time (not having to organise daily postage from here) and the ability to have signed for packets at a lower cost than An Post standard delivery.

It's about 50% of the cost of registered post from here for 1st class signed for packets (aim of next day recorded delivery).

The difference in reliability and speed is enormous for us. I haven't had a single lost item so far this year with a mixture of signed for and standard delivery.

Agree about Delacent about it being too costly / not enough demand for someone to offer such a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you could just courier up a big bag, with the stuff pre-stamped, surely this could be done economically enough? Many post offices are local franchises, so I'm sure some business could be done.

What about these guys? Can they do something to help? https://www.citypost.ie/international-post.php

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

RM do have a prepaid card service but you need a utility bill/proof of address in UK. Can be anybody you know.

However, if you require tracking info unless they are really struggling I can't see too many being interested in providing that rwmotely unless you are giving them large quantities. They generally provide tracking nos to prepaid customers the next time they visit.

A login system would fix that but no sign of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Billydgoat

Hi

I had the same issue, and in the end had to move my business to the north. I did used to have a guy up here and I used to send him via DPD a 25kg box of parcels, and he would ship them out for me.

All I had to do was generate the labels and stick them into the box. It was a next day service to the north with my courier, he would unpack the box and they would be collected that evening, and delivered in 2 days.

If that sounds like something your interested in, I have no problem offering that to you or anyone. Postage, without a contract up here is so much cheaper. Its also great for returns (to have a UK address) the guy I used to use would get all my returns back, check then, put them into a box and every few weeks I would get DPD to collect it. He didn't charge to much either and still work out so much cheaper than post in the south. He didn't wrap my items or anything like that.

Send me a pm if you would like to talk more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 kevin212

We have just launched a fulfilment service in Northern Ireland with Four services our website www.warehouseireland.ie

1. you send inventory we pick and pack orders to the UK/Europe and worldwide

2. Small retailers selling online put all items in a box and ship directly to Us and we get them into the most appropriate Royal Mail or courier network tracked from £3.00

3.We also have collection service in the Dublin area for clients with larger volumes say 50+ items per shipment.

4. UK/EU return addresses for retailer selling online with goods returned weekly

In any Event I wish you well!

Advertisement