Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi question

Options
  • 17-02-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭

As with most things there's probably a very simple solution to this that I've overlooked.

When I load Kodi I get what I think is called the home screen with a bar that says Picture, Videos, Music, Programs and System. If I select Videos > Files I get a list of file locations and an option to add videos. In this list I have added some sources from a NAS. I've changed the folders in my NAS to separate the Movies from the Series.

My Problem: How do I remove my old folders from this list? If I select them I just get Error 2: Share not available.

Also, how do I get the nice view with cover art and the plot synopsis? The metadata is downloaded as I can sort by year, actor etc. and the cover shows after I select from the above mentioned Video>Files list.

This is driving me up the wall, I find exams and job interviews less stressful than setting this all up :mad:.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Video - Files displays the sources you have added.

A right mouse click on any source will provide a context menu which includes a 'Remove Source' option.

If using something other than a mouse then check which remote button corresponds to that mouse right click.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That's strange, one of the first things I tried, I've been using a wireless keyboard with a trackpad, the right button doesn't seem to bring up a menu. Time to plug in a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

or press 'C' on your keyboard to bring up the context menu

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Doesn't seem to work on that particular keyboard, but I have it working otherwise. Waiting on a switch as the wireless signal is terrible, then I'll be back to pick your brains again. How is metadata actually stored? Are there hidden files in the container or folder or do media programs store their own local copies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you've media locally or on a home server, meta data is usually saved to a DB within KODI but can be exported to the same location as the media files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Hi, I downloaded Kodi to my windows 10 tablet and downloaded the Pulse build but can find it, any idea where Id find it in Kodi?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Discussion of Kodi add-ons, Builds etc is not appropriate here - see the stickey at the top of the forum.

Thread closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement