Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brands that are worth buying...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

davo2001 wrote:
    It really REALLY is not, taking money out of the equation, put a pixel and an iPhone side by side and I'd pick the pixel every time.

davo2001 wrote:
    iOS is old, boring and fair too restrictive.

Have to agree.. Take the oneplus 3t for example.. Specs to equal and surpass, twice the battery size, 3x ram, better display density.. Eh.. Headphone jack! The list goes on..For a fraction of the cost..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

o My S7 Edge sits gathering dust in a drawer.

So it's a dust collector? How much to take the dust collector off you hands. PM me. As I believe iPhone are inferior to a Samsung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

kyeev wrote: »
    Or at least the sole/padding went through to the ground.
    I'm just wondering what other brands people think are worth buying?

Been having the same problem regardless of brand, Adidas, Reebok, Nike, ( haven't had a pair of Nike Air in a while. )

Brands in Tech, Anker BT speakers, North Face in €200 Rain Jackets,

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I take a 3 1/2 shoe and pretty much scour every shoe shop I can find for Paul green and gabor shoes. Only one in that size imported every year in black patent high heels into Arnotts. But unbelievably comfortable, walked from Ballsbridge to phibsboro in them.

I use benefit makeup and splurge on that.

Penneys tights all the way though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Park Tools for cycle-tools, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Fairy Liquid - I don't think any other washing up liquid comes close.
    Asics - My runners are still going strong after nearly two years.
    Lenor - All other softeners are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Lux23 wrote: »
    Fairy Liquid - I don't think any other washing up liquid comes close.
    Asics - My runners are still going strong after nearly two years.
    Lenor - All other softeners are useless.

What about Lux? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_(soap)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Apple have got good at taking away features and charging you more money for the privilege.

Or never giving you a feature in the first place - like a microSD adapter. Which means their dedicated fans then get royally screwed on the cost of memory. Serves them right!

• Advertisement

TVs - would never look beyond LG and Samsung these days. They're as bad as the other brands when it comes to the technical mumbo-jumbo but when you read the reviews, you know they are the leaders of the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

For trainers, it can only be DC. There is no more comfortable trainer.

Kinda partial to Hyundai cars. TV is a Philips which is 6 years old and still going like gold.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I like Apple. It does everything I want it to do. I never had an issue. I get a high resale value on my old devices so don't feel it's overpriced- it holds its value well

snowflaker wrote: »
    I like Apple. It does everything I want it to do. I never had an issue. I get a high resale value on my old devices so don't feel it's overpriced- it holds its value well

I like Apple as well. I had a 2nd followed by a 4th generation iPod Touch and then migrated to an iPad mini2 so am currently on my third iOS device. The technology and the apps are superb but I think the iPhone is a monumental rip-off.

You may get a high resale value for your older iPhones but you still have a huge amount of money tied up in the hardware. I replace my midrange Android every two years for €200 or so and cannot see any benefit in having an iPhone, even if they halved the current prices. I suspect that your deprecation is well north of €100 p.a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Apple is fairly decent, although the iPhone does have a limited life-cycle rebirth in it's current form. iTunes is a very clumsy software interface.
    MacAir & OSX are superb, iPad Pro very good, and even my old G3 iTouch operates without any issues.

W'Buffet just today just threw a few more $bn/$m at an increased share stake, so they may be around for a fair while longer. $18.2bn in total, 1% of stock.

I've had issues with Samsung devices in the past so avoid them, when possible.

Hey, other people don't like Apple, thats cool. But I like it and it works for me.

Advertisement