Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgrancanaria

Options
  • 17-02-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Any Boardies heading over for this next week? I see there are about half a dozen Irish names signed up for the 125k.

Race starts at 11pm on Friday 24th. I'll stick a tracker link up if anyone wants to follow the race.

Due to my home country refusing to embrace independence I am down as a UK racer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Is Timothy Olsen doing this? I saw he posted on Facebook this morning that he was in Gran Canaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

It's on the bucket list- best of luck, love to hear how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

KJ wrote: »
    Is Timothy Olsen doing this? I saw he posted on Facebook this morning that he was in Gran Canaria.

He is the poster boy for this year's race and is doing a lot of publicity. Sage Canaday is running also, I'd bet he (Sage) fancies his chances after and strong showing in Hong Kong a few weeks ago. It's not an easy race to predict though. A lot of the time the winner comes from behind after the front runners drop out.

sideswipe wrote: »
    It's on the bucket list- best of luck, love to hear how you get on.

Live tracking will apparently be here:
    http://transgrancanaria.livetrail.net/coureur.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭Enduro

Enjoy. Its a super race on a fabulous course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Sage Canaday is running also, I'd bet he (Sage) fancies his chances after and strong showing in Hong Kong a few weeks ago.

I bet he'll be leading early on. The question is, can he sustain it this time?

It will be very interesting to see how Timothy Olsen has recovered from his overtraining issues.

Sage did 182km last week and 163km the week before. I'd be worried about him overdoing it too. He did a 38.7km run only 3 days ago. That's a very heavy workload ahead of a really tough race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Looks like Sage has pulled out.

Interesting but smart decision. I think the lure of these European races for sponsored US athletes is the reason so many end up burning out. Too much racing.

Can't see Olson make top 10 let alone win it. It'd be some comeback.

Advertisement