Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW IX - Valentines Day Massacre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Shall we do an #FFA

CDaly - for reasons already mentioned on here
    Micksjaguar - think he is a baddy
    Nopeare - is flying under the radar and therefore got on mine

I think I would be going for CDaly tonight.

I'm out for the night. Vote cast on next to nothing. gg no re

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jayop wrote: »
    Unless of course Vale wasn't the original priest and they killed him after Vale was chosen as the deputy. It does though seem to be a little bit early for the evils to be playing that hand if it was to happen especially as Vale was under no pressure from what I could see.

While I am quite heavily leaning towards Vale telling the truth, I have had a fear since he announced the roles of the dead, that he's been lying. It'd be a clever move. It seems like in only two days we got awfully lucky with a lot of baddie hits. It makes the village look in a great position when actually we might not be at all.

Still, I guess I'll not be left wondering the truth for much longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

OK so....

Slaughter 1 - no kill - Poss SK peek (surely that wouldn't cancel a kill??)
    Lynch 1 - Sully (Benvolio Montague)
    Day 2 - Molly (Fulgencio Capulet) shot middle of night
    Slaughter 2 - Andy killed (Tybalt Capulet)- Seems like he was watched by Mercutio
    Day 2 - GUFC (Rosaline) murdered, cause of death unknown - middle of day
    Day 2 - Tigger (Villager) murdered, cause of death unknown - middle of day

i think there must be more going on. 4 out of 5 deaths are all baddies. chances of that happening are less than 1 in a million, and i aint buying that.

rule 13 at the start:
    13) The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. Mods will not enter into discussion on thread about mechanics of the game, we can discuss issues like that after. Clarification will only be given on things explicitly mentioned in this post.

not saying vale's full of ****, maybe a drunk priest or somethinh he doesnt know about?

just the odds are so miniscule

^^ Yep. Definitely something more going on than we're aware of. Whether it's other players messing with us, or the mods, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Im pretty **** at math but that doesnt sound right to me.

MSFD get your hubby onto that one for us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

NO way of knowing if he's being honest either as there was only ever going to be one kill in the morning. I suppose if the Caps kill then the other PV who gets the story of who killed who will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I didn't think for a second that Vale was lying. It wasn't as if there was any heat and he needed to say something to survive.

here was my workings:
    1/21*1/20*1/19*1/18 = 0.00000069

I didn't think for a second that Vale was lying. It wasn't as if there was any heat and he needed to say something to survive.

This is it. It would make no sense for him to be lying now.

However maybe he's not lying but doesn't know the whole truth either.

Anyone good with the old R&J? Was there any scheming so typical in the bards other works that would explain a possible plot twist here??

• Advertisement

here was my workings:
    1/21*1/20*1/19*1/18 = 0.00000069

Thats 4 from 4 not 5 anyways and hitting a baddie is like 6 5 4 3 unless your talking about the exact role then had an in order is my thinking

Thats 4 from 4 not 5 anyways and hitting a baddie is like 6 5 4 3 unless your talking about the exact role then had an in order is my thinking

your right, those maths are wrong. will try to correct them

new result is .0025. 1 in 400

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

This is it. It would make no sense for him to be lying now.

However maybe he's not lying but doesn't know the whole truth either.

Anyone good with the old R&J? Was there any scheming so typical in the bards other works that would explain a possible plot twist here??

Only thing i remember was there was a whole bit about masks... Maybe on first peek some players are "masked"?

i'm absolutley lost as to whats going on. will proably cast my vote for a random low poster.

jayo, why you vote for me last night?

I already mentioned one - somebody appearing dead but not really being dead.

I never did it in school. We did Macbeth and the Merchant of Venice so my only reference was the DiCaprio film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Just assuming your maths are correct because I don't have too much time to check. That is the number if we have no information. However given we know or at least think we do the odds change.

I did it in my Inter Cert (yes Inter Cert, not Junior!!!) in 1991. The end where Romeo kills himself because he thinks Juliet is dead is quite well known. Juliet wakes up from her supposed death, sees Romeo has already killed himself and kills herself for real.

(I enjoyed R&J - I did King Lear for the Leaving and hated it though, so let's not do a Lear themed game ever).

i'm absolutley lost as to whats going on. will proably cast my vote for a random low poster.

jayo, why you vote for me last night?

Pure and simple because of this post.
    feic, long day at work. gonna read back now, will report in later with my lynch candidate.

I had barely read the thread, I knew Sully was going to be bandwagoned and I never ever get on the day 1 bandwagon even if I believe them to be possibly evil.

It's a kinda nothing post that wolves make but really it just happened to be the most suspicious thing on a page where I was just about to run out the door and had to vote.

• Advertisement

fait to assume there's something funny going on and we're not that lucky?

quickbeam wrote: »
    I did it in my Inter Cert (yes Inter Cert, not Junior!!!) in 1991. The end where Romeo kills himself because he thinks Juliet is dead is quite well known. Juliet wakes up from her supposed death, sees Romeo has already killed himself and kills herself for real.

(I enjoyed R&J - I did King Lear for the Leaving and hated it though, so let's not do a Lear themed game ever).

FFS Spoilers./.././

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

FFS Spoilers./.././

Her name makes more sense now

8000 posts. That is all.

Hey, I only just noticed, but I got my 4000th today too. Whoohoo!

FFS Spoilers./.././

Ha, ha!!

Ha....

OK so....

Slaughter 1 - no kill - Poss SK peek (surely that wouldn't cancel a kill??) fair enough
    Lynch 1 - Sully (Benvolio Montague) fair enough
    Day 2 - Molly (Fulgencio Capulet) shot middle of night has to be BG,onlt 1 with bullets, not SK therefore no more bullets.
    Slaughter 2 - Andy killed (Tybalt Capulet)- Seems like he was watched by Mercutio BG followed, andy put in kill order, dies. BG can no longer protect and has no bullets
    Day 2 - GUFC (Rosaline) murdered, cause of death unknown - middle of day Poisoned by R and J is only explanation
    Day 2 - Tigger (Villager) murdered, cause of death unknown - middle of dayNo more kills available. Who the **** killed tigger

This scenario does not add up.

R&J killed Molly.

Then BG killed Gufc and Tigger.

Gufc was a SK so still a second bullet for the BG to use though he didn't hit the second SK.

Only scenario that works, I think, with the information we have. Though I think there's stuff being kept hidden from us so there could be other scenarios.

Well it's not like that infor was taken from an indisputable source. It's purely from mod announcements in game.

I'm a wee bit lost. I think I want to vote for WerewolfGM to be lynched,.

WerewolfGM wrote: »

Fair Verona in misty shade doth still suffers from this evening's action
    Fresh blood does still ooze in the sliver of pale moonlight.
    On the other side of the village cometh a strange reaction
    Screaming shouting yelling as if there be a fight

Village folk did gather and notice this did they
    A body a body a body on the stones did lay

A villager approached the corpse
    See how she leans her hand upon its cheek!
    O that she wished she wore a glove upon that hand,
    For that cheek did feel as cold as ice upon the land.

The crowd gathered and all could see
    The corpse was none other than Molly B
    In the shadows most did not understand
    But some did know what led to this death in this fair land

Could Molly not have been poisoned rather than gufc? The kill story sounds all gentle and romantic which would fit more with the story

• Advertisement

well now I'm suspicious of jayop cos his explanation was so definitive but a few of us have poked (potential) holes now..

Advertisement