Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap Sora groupset for used 105 5700?

Options
  • 17-02-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a used but in good nick 105 5700 groupset and I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth putting on in place of the Sora groupset that I currently have on my bike. I'm not really comfortable enough doing it myself, so I would have to bring the donor bike and my own to the LBS to have it done. I'm just not sure if there is any real benefit to doing it or whether I should just leave well alone. I use the bike for a mix of commuting, longer spins at the weekend, and sportives.

Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I use both groupsets alternately, 105 is nicer, more decisive in shifting and lighter, but doesn't make me faster.

[edit]

Hmm, depends on which Sora - if the old one with the thumb thingy for shifting (2300), I wouldn't hesitate. If the 3500 (which I have), see the above.

Advertisement