Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good ipad to buy!

Options
  • 17-02-2017 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I would like to buy a new ipad and was looking for some recommendations. I would planning on using it for the following

Work Use - I work as a teacher so I would like to be able to connect up to Interactive whiteboard.

Home Use - I would like to use it with my own children for educational apps and probably for some photos and videos! Browsing web

I would like to have some very good educational apps on the ipad that would be of benefit to school and to home

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

iPad Pro 9.7" or iPad Air 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NewLeaf17

Thanks zcott

Which is More Recent and Are do They Vary in Prices in different outlets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

NewLeaf17 wrote: »
    Thanks zcott

I don't mean to be rude (and tbh I'm in a bad mood and possibly taking it out here) but surely you could google this?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Thanks zcott

Pro 9'7 about €300 more expensive, but is newer, more powerful etc.

Air 2 came out in 2014. Good tablet, but might start showing its age in the next year or so.

Best bet - wait until March - Apple may be releasing new tablets and may lower the price of old ones. Also check the Apple refurb store for savings.

Millfield, thank you for that! I can easily wait till March, the plan was to have it heading in to new school term '17/'18

I was always pretty up to date with tech things but when kids came along in my life, so easy lose touch with how quick things change! Sorry for any silly questions anyway, just want to make a good purchase when I do invest - I never make up my mind easily - I mull over things for quite a bit of time so like to get advice too for those who are using them and up to date

Thanks again for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I would like to buy a new ipad and was looking for some recommendations. I would planning on using it for the following

Work Use - I work as a teacher so I would like to be able to connect up to Interactive whiteboard.

Home Use - I would like to use it with my own children for educational apps and probably for some photos and videos! Browsing web

I would like to have some very good educational apps on the ipad that would be of benefit to school and to home

Many Thanks

An Apple one. Boom. Couldn't resist, sorry. I'll get my coat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Millfield, thank you for that! I can easily wait till March, the plan was to have it heading in to new school term '17/'18

I was always pretty up to date with tech things but when kids came along in my life, so easy lose touch with how quick things change! Sorry for any silly questions anyway, just want to make a good purchase when I do invest - I never make up my mind easily - I mull over things for quite a bit of time so like to get advice too for those who are using them and up to date

Thanks again for your help!

Would a laptop not suit better for work? Presentations, MS documents etc?

All our whiteboards yes come with laptops so that's great to have

The ipad will be a personal buy but I feel it will give me a bit more scope Re: apps etc and I'm told now I can print from them and in general it is easier to transport around Re: school activities in a different location, hall, garden etc take photos etc

I feel I would benefit from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Argos are now selling certified refurbished ipads. Prices seem ok. They no longer list refurbed iphones.

Advertisement