Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone/GPS mount MOPED

• 17-02-2017 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

hi

I would love to be able to fit my phone somewhere on the handlebar
    but as can be seen there is no part of the handlebar visible.

Ideally if I could get one that could extend out from the mirror where I could attach it , I think would be only option.....I need my GPS maps on phone!!:eek:

any ideas ..nothing suitable on amazon or any assessor shop I visited in greater Dublin

thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Have a look at ram mounts I think they have a whole bundle of options although not very cheap iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

My bike is similar and so far I haven't found anything decent which is also affordable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

My bike is similar and so far I haven't found anything decent which is also affordable

You can definitely get a mount for that one. The adaptor shoves in the steerer centre. Probably pricey though.

https://youtu.be/BrNsB7cYPFM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thanks a lot ..I really have been through amazon and all the websites ..Really with the set up I have (ie..No handlebar space) I am not optimistic! I did come across one that was fitted to the mirror stem ( mine has well fitted hard plastic on it don't really want to go cutting into it) and extended in a few inches which would be ideal for me as it would just about bring in under the cover of the visor and by doing so it would be more in my line of sight ! Thank you anyway ..I don't mind paying a bit if it's suitable for purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Unless you are doing some serious touring or going places you a unfamiliar with all the time, it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

I have a GPS and mount and only use when I'm touring mainland Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Could probably get this under one of those cover bolts

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32711823906.html#autostay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Try wearing earphones and listening to directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Try wearing earphones and listening to directions

Thats an option but humans are incredibly visual so mounts are the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks a lot ..I really have been through amazon and all the websites ..Really with the set up I have (ie..No handlebar space) I am not optimistic! I did come across one that was fitted to the mirror stem ( mine has well fitted hard plastic on it don't really want to go cutting into it) and extended in a few inches which would be ideal for me as it would just about bring in under the cover of the visor and by doing so it would be more in my line of sight ! Thank you anyway ..I don't mind paying a bit if it's suitable for purpose

You can get mounts for your fluid reservoirs, you won't have to be cutting or modifying any parts of the bike.

Another option is to pop the Yamaha symbol from the middle of the handle bars and see what can mount to whatever is under it.

Ya the earphones work reasonably ok thanks ....I also had same issue with getting USB unit to same area..But there is so much to be removed as fuse box is at the very rear of bike and all the covers have to be removed ..It's not worth all the hassle. I used heavy duty VELCRO and adhesive and used a power bank under visor ...It's great ..Just fit it there as required..I will have to try to do something neat and similar with a phone unit ...Gap in the market here me thinks for someone!

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for that reservoir adaptor looks ideal really delighted..I don't want to cause damage that's ideal..If I get that piece and fit it I just need another piece that fits on the ball piece as in the pics ..That I can put phone holder on to ..is that right ?! Wonder can you get them in Ireland? I wonder is there a link you could throw up for me of that phone holder? Please...Not great at "surfing"ðŸ˜...And what is website name if not available in Ireland ..Your a saviour ...Thks again
    Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I doubt that there is an Irish site. Here's the UK site so no risk of getting caught for extra taxes.

http://www.ram-mount.co.uk

Thanks for all the advice guys...I have ordered a ram mount resovoir fitted unit for 80 sterling today. Grand job ..Looks the business..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I'm a bit late to the party but I ordered one of these for my Forza....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IJFNX1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Free UK delivery. €15 P&P to Ireland from Italy so used Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

fdevine wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to the party but I ordered one of these for my Forza....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IJFNX1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Free UK delivery. €15 P&P to Ireland from Italy so used Parcel Motel.

Where are you mounting that to view the maps on the scooter? Or just for added storage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

GBX wrote: »
    Where are you mounting that to view the maps on the scooter? Or just for added storage?

Its a tunnel (or tail) bag. Maybe the pics in the link don't show it well but there's a phone pocket with transparent window

http://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/products/1638-givi-xs318-tail-bag-or-tunnel-bag/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ah right .. I didn't click the other pics. I use mine on my tank on the bike and couldn't figure out in my head where it would sit. Brain fart :D

Advertisement