Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Account to a different Name

Options
  • 17-02-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi

I want to have a Bill changed from a recently deceased person to another person living in the same house - What do I need to do and how do I settle up the current bill?

Thanks

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi rtron,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're very sorry to read of your loss. Please accept our sincerest condolences during this difficult time.

The newly repsonsible party can register as the account holder for the premises by contacting Electric Ireland here on Boards.ie, or via our other social media channels (Facebook or Twitter). Alternatively, they can call the dedicated Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

To register the property, Electric Ireland would require the MPRN (meter point reference number) of the premises, as well as an up-to-date meter reading. If the new account holder previously had an Electric Ireland account in their name, we would recommend that they have their account number to hand when contacting Electric Ireland.

Once the new account has been created, a final bill will be released for the previous Electric Ireland account. A list of payment options for the final bill can then be found online here.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Thanks I rang that number today and need to ring them back with further details. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again rtron,

Thanks for your post.

If there is anything we can help you with here on Boards.ie by private message, please let us know (just to advise, we cannot take bank details).

Best regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement