Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Benefits Abroad and PPS Numbers

Options
  • 17-02-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys!

So a few weeks ago a Spanish lady told me that she had acquired an Irish PPS number simply by transferring her Spanish Social Welfare to Ireland while looking for work. This information boggles my mind.

My question is thus, if I transfer my Irish Social welfare to Spain, even if the payment is paid directly to my bank account, will I be automatically issued a Spanish N.I.E. number similar to the Spanish girl mentioned above??? Or do I still need to apply for one separately???

I'm primarily interested in obtaining an N.I.E. Number (Spanish PPS number for foreigners) and/or a U.K National Insurance Number, and seeing if transferring welfare is a good way to go about it.

As for the U.K., I've read in other threads that the U.K. National Insurance Number may not be automatically issued if even you manage to transfer your welfare their. Is this true also?

If anybody has any real-life experience with these things (Spain/U.K.) I would really appreciate some info. Thank you/Gracias/Merci/Grazzie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

What SW payment have you got right now?

Advertisement