Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car with high ride position/easy access?

• 17-02-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for a car for an older couple, one with limited mobility, so higher seats and larger doors would be good. Their current car is a Fiesta, so ideally not something too much bigger.

Have been considering a Suzuki Ignis or a Dacia Sandero Stepway, but other suggestions welcome.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Skoda Yeti.
    1.2TSI with DSG box would be perfect IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

Hyundai ix20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The new ignis is actually the new alto. They've just called it the ignis for some bizarre reason. It's very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rocoma

Kia Venga

• Advertisement

Kia Soul

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Opel Mokka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

VW Tiguan

Autosport wrote: »
    VW Tiguan

Bit bigger than a Fiesta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Previous generation Sx4 - ie not the s-cross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭murt101

Yeti. Very easy to get in and out of. Often have grandparents in mine and they love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Third to say yeti....we have a 2.0 diesel yeti....easiest out of all the cars in my extended family for my almost 90 year gran to get in and out of...very comfortable yo dtive too

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

My parents bought a Toyota yaris for the same reason, they're very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

Hyundai ix20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

I've another idea...

Easy access - check
    Older couple so no technical stuff like gears, oil changes, wireless, heaters... - check
    Easy to park - check

j90c92.jpg

Just tell them to recharge it like their hearing aids, and that effectively it's a mobility scooter on steroids.
    Here's one for €3600

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-twizy/13149693

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Renault Captur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Apogee wrote:
    I'm looking for recommendations for a car for an older couple, one with limited mobility, so higher seats and larger doors would be good. Their current car is a Fiesta, so ideally not something too much bigger.

Ford B-Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

What about a honda jazz? My parents have both a jazz and a huyandi i30 and the jazz is much higher and easier to get in & out of. My mum is lookig to replace her jazz and tried a number of similar size cars and said the jazz is easiest for access.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭oscar2

As Said the Honda Jazz which is well priced for a Honda. Or how about a Suzuki Vitara. Nice and high good spec well priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a Jazz and I like it. It is a bit higher so I can get in and out easily, very spacious, been absolutely no trouble and comfortable to drive. It now has 90k on the clock and I am thinking I would like to upgrade. However I have heard some rather doubtful reports of the new Jazz - the gearing is a bit odd apparently, it doesn't have the acceleration of the old one (though tbh even the old one is not the liveliest, though acceptable). Does anyone have any opinions on this? I have not given one a test drive yet, but would appreciate any thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I was in fortmotors on Saturday with a friend and I seen the Kia sportage, it's seriously good looking especially the one with the panoramic roof, the rear seats have a big recline, beautiful dash.
    162-D in the 25/26k range. Very good value I thought.

It's just a tad bigger than a Fiesta though :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's just a tad bigger than a Fiesta though :)

It's not that much bigger than a new fiesta :)
    You only live once and I'm sure if they have the cash and see one in the flesh they'd love it.

Older couple, limited mobility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Older couple, limited mobility?

I only mentioned the Tiguan was because one of my friends had a hip replacement and this was the car that she got as no getting up or down into the seats only slide across

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Any love for the Citroën Cactus?

BLUEYK wrote: »
    Any love for the Citroën Cactus?

No, too expensive for what it is.

It's cheap as chips. Starting at €17795 and they're doing €2500 scrappage and spec upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Vw golf sv. Parents bought one recently as they needed easy access due to hip replacements. Couldn't recommend it enough. Loads of room and technology and a sinch to get in and it of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement