Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sinner [USA Network]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gave up on this season after 3 episodes...did it get any better?

Jesus no, I have the last episode to watch and every episode since the first managed to get worse and worse. Looking forward too being done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭robbe

Finished series 3 at the weekend and jesus it was torture....main protagonist was a pain and as someone above commented Bill Pullman's character went off on a tangent. Enjoyed series 1 and to a lesser extent 2 but this was awful. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Terrible season hopefully it gets killed off now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thanks all for watching it so now I know I shouldn't bother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

is s3 on Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I actually felt the plot was an interesting concept initially but it quickly descended into total farce and ultimately a complete waste of time.

Season 1 I enjoyed, Season 2 certainly had its flaws but mostly the performance of Carrie Coon managed to keep its head above water.

This just didn't have anything redeemable at all, would be extremely wary of a potential follow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Just finished this. Same thoughts as everyone else it seems! First season was excellent, second, slightly less so but still very good.

The third..... terrible! Don't know if it was the same writers or not but it was laughable in places, especially the final episode. Really poor. It's coming back for a fourth season but they really need to examine what they're trying to achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    The Sinner Series 3 starts on TG4 on Wednesday 21st April at 10.35pm

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

It will be back with a fourth season.

Frances Fisher and Cindy Cheung (The Flight Attendant) co-star.

https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2021/06/09/the-sinner-series-four-cast-and-plotlines-announced/
    A retired Harry Ambrose travels to Hanover Island in Northern Maine for a recuperative getaway with his partner.
    When an unexpected tragedy occurs involving the daughter of a prominent island family, Ambrose is recruited to help the investigation, only to be thrown into a mystery of mounting paranoia that will turn this sleepy tourist island, and Ambrose’s life, upside down.

• Advertisement

Anyone watch the 2 episodes from season 4? I'm very reluctant to even try it.

The Sinner to End With Season 4

I've been enjoying season 4, not as good as 1 or 2 but miles better than 3 which isn't a hard thing to be. Nothing mad exciting but watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Watchable was all it was, cringed at the mere mention of Jamie from season 3 they should have ignored all that. First 3 episodes were actually quite good as you got to know the town and goings on like any worthwhile mystery I suppose but from there on I felt it bet around the bush far too many times and the conclusion was one with so many plot holes it left you scratching your head again.

The brother who was mentioned once in the show prior to introducing him to the sequencing was a total cop out.

Anyway overall it wasn't the worst really it had some good aspects even if they were minimal I suppose and I liked the performance of the girl who played the missing girl but glad it's ended.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Season 4 was ok. Better than season 3 but not as good as seasons 1 or 2.

The sheriff being ok by being shown up by Ambrose was strange. Reminded me a little of Sheriff Amos Tupper in Murder She Wrote! I know they had to get Ambrose involved in the case somehow but not sure how realistic a civilian, albeit an experienced one, nearly being invited by the sheriff to nearly be the lead investigator on a case is.

The Sinner series 4 looks to have started on TG4 tonight repeated Friday night late

Advertisement