Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike recommendations?

Options
  • 18-02-2017 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I am looking at buying a bike and I'm wondering which one to go for. My budget would be around £400 sterling max.

I would mainly be using it for commuting to work (about 4 miles a day) but would like something to go on longer cycles at the weekends or in the evenings so something comfortable. I find the Belfast bikes handy but uncomfortable at times. I am currently using the Belfast bikes each day but gave started to want my own. I am interested in a hub geared bike and Chain reaction have a few but the bike would also need mudguards and their hub bikes don't come with them so it would be extra I assume.

I also have Halfords and Decathlon stores near me but they only seem to have regular geared bikes and I'm not sure I need something with 20+ gears and the maintenance that comes with it. But never having owned a bike with gears, maybe it's not that bad? I guess in my head the gearing seems confusing with all the cogs on the front and back. The city bikes have a Shimano Nexus hub which Ive found simple and easy to use.

Comments

Advertisement