Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have all the cruisers gone

• 18-02-2017 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So as usual when i do the lotto I start spending it before the draw even take place. I was looking at the bike sites for Ireland and none of them (bar HD obviously) seem to have cruisers. Why aren't cruisers being offered here?
    Take Yamaha for example, no cruisers on their web site but they have got the xvs in England. In the us they have the raider, stryker, bolt etc.
    Are cruisers not popular enough in Ireland????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

They're an old mans game now, I haven't seen anyone under 50 on one in my life (21 years old)

Id say the popularity of ADV bikes and Ewan McGregor has pulled all of the mid life crisis guys away from cruisers so the demand must not be there to import them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CaptainR wrote: »
    They're an old mans game now, I haven't seen anyone under 50 on one in my life (21 years old)

Id say the popularity of ADV bikes and Ewan McGregor has pulled all of the mid life crisis guys away from cruisers so the demand must not be there to import them here.

Tbf alot of bikers started out on them. I personally know of 3 people who started out on cruiser's. They don't have them anymore but they started on them.

I would agree however they are not popular.

But tbf are popular for turning into café racers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

CaptainR wrote: »

That's gas. I knew I was getting older but didn't realise was an ould lad yet. I'm 36 now and only ever had cruisers. No interest in anything else tbh. All the lads around here ride cruisers too but they are all my age or older. I can only think of two of the lads that don't have a cruiser. Maybe it's a regional thing too. Maybe us Tipp lads are behind the times. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's gas. I knew I was getting older but didn't realise was an ould lad yet. I'm 36 now and only ever had cruisers. No interest in anything else tbh. All the lads around here ride cruisers too but they are all my age or older. I can only think of two of the lads that don't have a cruiser. Maybe it's a regional thing too. Maybe us Tipp lads are behind the times. 😂

Yes yes you are....... Ha.

You needs to be getting a sports or sports tourer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

listermint wrote: »
    Tbf alot of bikers started out on them. I personally know of 3 people who started out on cruiser's. They don't have them anymore but they started on them.

I would agree however they are not popular.

But tbf are popular for turning into café racers

Early 2000's they were very popular ....the Jap 125/250 models .....my first bike was an Elimanator 125 around that time , there was alot of those types around and Viragos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You have much better sporty-ish options in small bikes now though, CBR125, R125, Ninja 250/300 etc.

Used to be that the only small four-stroke bikes were cruiser-ish like the (awful) GN125/250

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Yes yes you are....... Ha.

You needs to be getting a sports or sports tourer.

A sports tourer... Are you mad??? Then herself would be able to go on the back. Feck that. Solo seat all the way lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A sports tourer... Are you mad??? Then herself would be able to go on the back. Feck that. Solo seat all the way lad.

Ha I wouldn't be able to tie her on she that much afraid of bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm 37 and have had a few different ones over the years. Current bike is a Harley. A lot of manufacturers are shying away from the and pandering to the cafe / scrambler style these days. Fashion trends tend to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Had a cruiser for a while and thought I liked it but just couldn't take to it so sold it and bought a fireblade to keep the TDM company :D
    No worries about potholes or bad roads with the TDM she just goes anywhere and will keep with most bikes on the country roads (havent been left yet :P )
    The blade is for.... well you know what it's for :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement