Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOL for iMac on new Router from EIR F2000

Options
  • 18-02-2017 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys, hoping someone can help although I'm guessing that this router is just not capable of it.

I have an iMac connected via wifi to a new router from EIR - its an F2000 which I believe is a Huawei HG659b.
    I cannot get Wake On Lan to work. Is it just not a feature of this router?
    I will be shocked if its not. I mean its a new router and everyone is banging on about "Green" this and "Green" that and then you try to do so something simple like put you computer into a low power mode until you need it and the latest technology does not allow it? Surely it should be a legal requirement of the newest tech.

Anyway hopefully I'm wrong and there is a work around I'm missing but even if there is, it shouldn't be this difficult to get it to work.

And if I'm right and it is not a feature of this new router I'll be on to EIR to let them know how crazy this is. Not that it will do much good, but you never know.

I do have a new SKY ROUTER that was sent to me in error, does anyone know if it enabled on that?

Advertisement