Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banter.....

• 18-02-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

I was thinking there about that "70c barrier" thread that is the latest in the line to be locked..Why..?? can we not just come on and have a bit of a laugh or banter...Why the serious face.:mad:...we get enough slagging from that inbred site biker.ie....
    I like to come here for the chat, i know its not the place for serious engineering problems with your bike, thats why we have youtube and Del boy...
    And another thing, why cant we ,as a group of bikers comment on news stories or anything really..i dont want to go to another forum for this..i want to talk about things with my "mates"...maybe an "off topic thread" sticky...just a suggestion..:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

we get enough slagging from that inbred site biker.ie.
    That's a badge of honour surely? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Honestly....

Because not everyone can take a slagging, and then there are the ones who can give it but not take it. Then you have the internet fine line where you cant judge if the person is being serious or not because you dont know their personality.

Then you have the good old moderators who are few and far between in this section, the ONES ONE we have is top notch (Zascar) and when it does go south as it usually does very quicky its not caught in time. Its akin to trying to police the mexican border with the U.S.....too few mods.

I have had a few queensbury rules incidents along the way but I am off the drink and narcotics ;) and the certain people are gone which has made this section 100% better.

But yeah I love a bit of slap and tickle, thats why ride outs where great coz you meet people and know their personality so when they say "Max, you shirtlifter" you know they are messing.......or am I.

MWahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

i want to talk about things with my "mates"...maybe an "off topic thread" sticky...just a suggestion..:)

The off-topic thread is almost always on the first page.

It even has the word 'banter' in it's title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

KonFusion wrote: »
    The off-topic thread is almost always on the first page.

It even has the word 'banter' in it's title.

OK Mr.Pedantic...but not always....:p.....and its 99.99% bike related...i want to talk about Corrie and genetal warts etc..........:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The problems start when a thread with a clickbait title gets onto the front page of the site, and then all the AH mouthbreathers and cagers pile in with their clueless or anti-bike nonsense. e.g. can't see that the problem with toll booths and bikes isn't the waiting in a queue to pay, it's having to take gloves off and fumble for change with cold fingers, and where do you keep that change on a bike...

Been a lot of clickbaity threads started lately, all by the same poster e.g. says Ireland is the most dangerous country for bikes but provides NO link or figures and just ignores or deflects any request for same. So we ended up with a thread based on a lie and then other posters weigh in on the basis that that lie is a fact.

Most of those threads should have been locked imho as they were never going to go anywhere constructive.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

i want to talk about Corrie and genetal warts etc

Even if we had a dedicated section you be on your own there me aul' mucker!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

The problems start when a thread with a clickbait title gets onto the front page of the site, and then all the AH mouthbreathers and cagers pile in with their clueless or anti-bike nonsense. e.g. can't see that the problem with toll booths and bikes isn't the waiting in a queue to pay, it's having to take gloves off and fumble for change with cold fingers, and where do you keep that change on a bike...

Been a lot of clickbaity threads started lately, all by the same poster e.g. says Ireland is the most dangerous country for bikes but provides NO link or figures and just ignores or deflects any request for same. So we ended up with a thread based on a lie and then other posters weigh in on the basis that that lie is a fact.

Most of those threads should have been locked imho as they were never going to go anywhere constructive.

Check out RSA, your ignorance is no excuse. Actually read the thread again and you will see that some people actually posted stats.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Even if we had a dedicated section you be on your own there me aul' mucker!!!

He doth protest too much.....you love Gail..:P

Can we not start another fcuking row lads...........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

OK Mr.Pedantic...but not always....:p.....and its 99.99% bike related...i want to talk about Corrie and genetal warts etc..........:pac:

Who wants a stickied one poster thread?..........:D

Who wants a stickied one poster thread?..........:D

Its a good job i have thick skin....:p

• Advertisement

Johnboner wrote: »
    Check out RSA, your ignorance is no excuse. Actually read the thread again and you will see that some people actually posted stats.

You really are a troll Mr John, have you nothing better to do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads FYI, this forum is not a democracy - we bow to the boards.ie admins as they make the rules. I couldn't give a shyte if someone is getting a slagging and runs off crying - but when he reports the post for personal abuse - a lot of eyes in the clouds above see it, i may get a slap if I don't deal with it. I'm all for the banter and the majority of reported post (and there are a lot of them let me tell you) I just ignore - but when people are clearly trolling of just acting the prick, i have to shut it down. I'm not on this forum as much as I would like to be due to work etc - so its best to nip it in the bud before a wrestlemania battle royale starts and the place burns to the ground. As said already, the off topic thread is there - so just play nice and have fun kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I have had a few queensbury rules incidents along the way but I am off the drink and narcotics ;) and the certain people are gone which has made this section 100% better.

Im back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I was thinking there about that "70c barrier" thread that is the latest in the line to be locked..Why..?? can we not just come on and have a bit of a laugh or banter...Why the serious face.:mad:...we get enough slagging from that inbred site biker.ie....
    I like to come here for the chat, i know its not the place for serious engineering problems with your bike, thats why we have youtube and Del boy...
    And another thing, why cant we ,as a group of bikers comment on news stories or anything really..i dont want to go to another forum for this..i want to talk about things with my "mates"...maybe an "off topic thread" sticky...just a suggestion..:)

Some people dont do banter though.
    They are just buzzkills................;):rolleyes::pac::P

Im back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Maybe, but you are SOOOOOO OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE OF TRUST.

Some people dont do banter though.
    They are just buzzkills................;):rolleyes::pac::P

Ah yes..our old friend

Ah yes..our old friend

Aye....;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The point is you, the OP didn't post any supporting info or links. Any useful info, links and discussion (on Irish stats only) came from other posters.

Hotblack Desiato's accusation of clickbait seems justified really.

The point is you, the OP didn't post any supporting info or links. Any useful info, links and discussion (on Irish stats only) came from other posters.

Hotblack Desiato's accusation of clickbait seems justified really.

Ah here...........................

Dont be insulting John now.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sure aren't 67% of statistics made up on the spot. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Sure aren't 67% of statistics made up on the spot. :rolleyes:

NO.....I just made that up TBH

NO.....I just made that up TBH

while you were going ape sh!t at handing over your 70 cents at the toll booth?

Nah, I am old skool I never stop for them. All it takes is to either time it with a car or far left hand land bus toll...SORTED.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thankfully the East Link is free for bikes.

Nah, I am old skool I never stop for them. All it takes is to either time it with a car or far left hand land bus toll...SORTED.

How do you sleep at night...........:P

Off to the gas chamber

while you were going ape sh!t at handing over your 70 cents at the toll booth?

For Mr. Richman here with 20 bikes in his garage 70c is below him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads FYI, this forum is not a democracy - we bow to the boards.ie admins as they make the rules. I couldn't give a shyte if someone is getting a slagging and runs off crying - but when he reports the post for personal abuse - a lot of eyes in the clouds above see it, i may get a slap if I don't deal with it. I'm all for the banter and the majority of reported post (and there are a lot of them let me tell you) I just ignore - but when people are clearly trolling of just acting the prick, i have to shut it down. I'm not on this forum as much as I would like to be due to work etc - so its best to nip it in the bud before a wrestlemania battle royale starts and the place burns to the ground. As said already, the off topic thread is there - so just play nice and have fun kids!

We seem to have similar moderating styles. I let a huge amount of stuff slide, but as you said we've Cmods and Admin watching too.

My forum, the Martial Arts is dodgier ~ whom ever I ban I might have to fight in competition some day :p

I like the craic in this forum, can't stand the biker one. In fact I rarely, very rarely look over there as most of the good, decent blokes I'd know through the scene and I'd know most of the MC crowd and a lot of the MCC so I don't need to go involving myself on a biking forum which takes itself too serious.

Nah, this place is the craic. Chilled out like a biking forum should be.

For Mr. Richman here with 20 bikes in his garage 70c is below him.

21 actually.:p

And 70 cents is no biggie to me either.:P:D

The only 1 with an issue to it seems to be you.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

We seem to have similar moderating styles. I let a huge amount of stuff slide, but as you said we've Cmods and Admin watching too.
    My top tips for modding a boards forum:

1. Never read the rules. Honestly, they're for the little people.

2. Use only one tool to moderate - the delete post button. No warnings, discussion, no yellow cards, just make the mess disappear like a demented Mary Poppins. Nothing demotivates a troll like their finely honed contributions melting away into nothing.

Advertisement