Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banter.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

Lumen wrote: »
    This is actually not true.

I like your potrayal of stewy as some sort of dark angel of death. It's definitely his fault that bad things happen in the world.

How is it not true? A 5 second Google search would tell you otherwise.

Everyone contributes to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

How da fug have we gotten into speaking about African kids on a motorbike forum?

Really like come on now.

I would much rather talk and post about bikes,mods,riding style,motorbike bargains and stuff like rear wheel drifting and wheelies around the back of Dublin Airport on the s1000rr.:D

Also the Nifty Fifty race this Saturday in Mondello Park at 11am for charity.:):):)

Lads n lasses,this is a motorbike forum.As in we post about MOTORBIKES and MOTORBIKING
    Try remember that please.

Are you for ****ing real..?:eek:...you don't want to feed greedy toll companies but have an expensive bike,gear,you pay greedy oil companies,tax,etc etc...you can you afford this while you're sending all your money to feed African children ,possibly ignoring the starving people on your own doorstep...are you Bono, :rolleyes:

Where did I say that I have an expensive bike and gear? You will find from my posts the opposite is true. I don't like paying the tax but it is necessary in order to avoid breaking the law. I use a relatively cheap bike and gear and it is the best method of transport for my needs, better than public transport or a car. If I did not use the bike I would be sitting at home and not contributing to the society as I couldn't afford it.

Johnboner wrote: »
    Where did I say that I have an expensive bike and gear? You will find from my posts the opposite is true. I don't like paying the tax but it is necessary in order to avoid breaking the law. I use a relatively cheap bike and gear and it is the best method of transport for my needs, better than public transport or a car. If I did not use the bike I would be sitting at home and not contributing to the society as I couldn't afford it.

Well post up some pics lad.
    Bike and any mods done.
    What type of gear you have and use,what suits you best.
    Post some pics please.

Thats what this motorbike forum is all about,:)

Well post up some pics lad.
    Bike and any mods done.
    What type of gear you have and use,what suits you best.
    Post some pics please.

Thats what this motorbike forum is all about,:)

I would like to but my reputation is probably not the greatest in this forum as I can see I am being outspoken, so if I did, then I would just expose myself and since I ride in Dublin a lot it would compromise my safety not that I really care but I value my privacy. Stewy I love your s1000rr what year is it and why did you choose s1000rr instead of hp4? Hopefully I can get hp4 soon as I believe it is an amazing bike. Unlikely to find one in Ireland thought so pretty sure will have to import from UK

• Advertisement

I would like to but my reputation is probably not the greatest in this forum as I can see I am being outspoken, so if I did, then I would just expose myself and since I ride in Dublin a lot it would compromise my safety not that I really care but I value my privacy. Stewy I love your s1000rr what year is it and why did you choose s1000rr instead of hp4? Hopefully I can get hp4 soon as I believe it is an amazing bike. Unlikely to find one in Ireland thought so pretty sure will have to import from UK

Reputation me hole.

We are all bikers here.:)

We dont do this my co*k is bigger than yours.

A biker is a biker,regardless of what machine he or she rides.

Throw up some pics lad.

Start a thread about your bike and share your experiences with us all here.:)

I like my bike bargains aswell.So its not about spending money.In my case,the best bargain is the cheapest bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭ratracer

How da fug have we gotten into speaking about African kids on a motorbike forum?

Also the Nifty Fifty race this Saturday in Mondello Park at 11am for charity.:):):)

Lads n lasses,this is a motorbike forum.As in we post about MOTORBIKES and MOTORBIKING
    Try remember that please.

I think someone mentioned Africa Twin, but it got lost in translation!!!

See ya in Mondello, I'm there on the Blood Bike West yoke ( with Serious3, and also The Civvie as our chief cheerleader!!)

ratracer wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned Africa Twin, but it got lost in translation!!!

See ya in Mondello, I'm there on the Blood Bike West yoke ( with Serious3, and also The Civvie as our chief cheerleader!!)

Aye,you will see us there.:)

Im either on the r1 or the s1000rr,depends on what she feels like going on the back of,come Saturday morning.:pac::pac:

Either Im as thick as 2 planks or it must be love,for me to buy her a set of pillion pegs for the R1.
    Eh Happy Valentines Day honey.....:pac::o:D

Reputation me hole.

We are all bikers here.:)

We dont do this my co*k is bigger than yours.

A biker is a biker,regardless of what machine he or she rides.

Throw up some pics lad.

Start a thread about your bike and share your experiences with us all here.:)

I like my bike bargains aswell.So its not about spending money.In my case,the best bargain is the cheapest bargain.

I have 300cc kawasaki ninja abs which is like a toy compared to the R1 or bmw, felt like a rocketship for the first month lol, now feels slow as hell so looking forward to moving on to a bigger bike however can't for a bit more due to regulations. Abs safed me couple of times already due to my own stupidity such as filtering at 60 km/h past stopped cars(learned my lesson) or a van turning in front and me thinking that he saw me.

• Advertisement

I have 300cc kawasaki ninja abs which is like a toy compared to the R1 or bmw, felt like a rocketship for the first month lol, now feels slow as hell so looking forward to moving on to a bigger bike however can't for a bit more due to regulations. Abs safed me couple of times already due to my own stupidity such as filtering at 60 km/h past stopped cars(learned my lesson) or a van turning in front and me thinking that he saw me.

Nice machine,nice sound off them too.Good bit of poke out of em too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have 300cc kawasaki ninja abs which is like a toy compared to the R1 or bmw

yeah but still way better than what most of us started out on, many of us were under the 125 law, the A2 crew don't know they're born
    Hopefully I can get hp4 soon as I believe it is an amazing bike.

How many dozen/hundred African kids will die as a direct result though?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

African children are starving every single day
    This is actually not true.
    How is it not true? A 5 second Google search would tell you otherwise.

Go on then. Source a statistic for African child deaths from hunger in 2016. It should only take you 5 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

In Africa for 70 euro cent you could buy a fridge full of food.

:D:D....this is the post of the tournament.....they have a fridge now...:rolleyes:

Irrespective of your "little" bike and cheap gear..it still cost a lot of full fridges...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nice machine,nice sound off them too.Good bit of poke out of em too.:)

If I was starting out again I'd be more than happy with one of those Kawasaki 300 Ninja bikes.

I meet one on my commute (Navan Rd) most mornings, the thing can shift and sounds great even on the original exhaust.

My first bike was a Yamaha DT175 back in 1985 followed by an RD125YPVS the following year and those Ninja's would piss all over those old bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If I was starting out again I'd be more than happy with one of those Kawasaki 300 Ninja bikes.

I meet one on my commute (Navan Rd) most mornings, the thing can shift and sounds great even on the original exhaust.

My first bike was a Yamaha DT175 back in 1985 followed by an RD125YPVS the following year and those Ninja's would piss all over those old bikes.

Maybe that's Johnbonner after he comes in the from M3 after he avoids the toll :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

GBX wrote: »
    Maybe that's Johnbonner after he comes in the from M3 after he avoids the toll :pac:

I wonder if there's a bounty on his head?.. I'll have to deploy my toll troll catcher and claim the reward money if there is :D

I wonder if there's a bounty on his head?.. I'll have to deploy my toll troll catcher and claim the reward money if there is :D

Used to love listening to them in the car on really windy crappy winters mornings.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I wonder if there's a bounty on his head?.. :D

Dont think so..but he deffo has a (chocolate) chip on his shoulder....are you having that bitchstewie..P

Dont think so..but he deffo has a (chocolate) chip on his shoulder....are you having that bitchstewie..P

No choccie chips for me.
    Im stuffing me face with John West Tuna steak and boiled eggs at the mo,so I am.:pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Johnboner wrote:
    Abs safed me couple of times

Great to have, wish it was fitted to mine

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Knew you were a hooliRD baby, yes!
    Not sure they'd piss all over them, the RD with the obligatory Micron, K&N and a file were little rockets (til they melted anyway).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Ahh ****..... Time to plan another route.

Go on then. Source a statistic for African child deaths from hunger in 2016. It should only take you 5 seconds.

Globally 161 million under-five year olds were estimated to be stunted in 2013.
    The global trend in stunting prevalence and numbers affected is decreasing. Between 2000 and 2013 stunting prevalence declined from 33% to 25% and numbers declined from 199 million to 161 million.
    In 2013, about half of all stunted children lived in Asia and over one third in Africa. (UNICEF et al. 2014b)

http://www.worldhunger.org/2015-world-hunger-and-poverty-facts-and-statistics/#children1

Globally 161 million under-five year olds were estimated to be stunted in 2013.
    The global trend in stunting prevalence and numbers affected is decreasing. Between 2000 and 2013 stunting prevalence declined from 33% to 25% and numbers declined from 199 million to 161 million.
    In 2013, about half of all stunted children lived in Asia and over one third in Africa. (UNICEF et al. 2014b)

http://www.worldhunger.org/2015-world-hunger-and-poverty-facts-and-statistics/#children1

You mentioned "African children who are dying". Now you're quoting stats for stunting. Goalposts totally moved.

Also, if stunting is decreasing but stewy is buying more bikes, surely that indicates that stewy should keep buying bikes until all the world's children are tall enough for you not to feel guilty about it?

You mentioned "African children who are dying". Now you're quoting stats for stunting. Goalposts totally moved.

Also, if stunting is decreasing but stewy is buying more bikes, surely that indicates that stewy should keep buying bikes until all the world's children are tall enough for you not to feel guilty about it?

This is just one quote, check the site for more. Also stunting is result of starvation.

This is just one quote, check the site for more. Also stunting is result of starvation.
    But for the avoidance of doubt, you failed to find any stats for African children dying of hunger.

But for the avoidance of doubt, you failed to find any stats for African children dying of hunger.

You can use your ignorance as an excuse but that does not change the facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I love this bike banter.. :D

• Advertisement

You can use your ignorance as an excuse but that does not change the facts.
    Facts you said you could find in 5 seconds, and have since failed to.

Advertisement