Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 10 | New Best Friends [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 18-02-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 10 - "New Best Friends"

Airdate - February 19th on AMC at 9/8c | February 20th on FOX UK at 9PM

While searching for a missing Alexandrian, Rick and his group encounter a mysterious collective.
    Threats are coming from every angle but can the group keep their momentum and overthrow Negan as well as dodge the the ever-present, ever-bloodthirsty walkers?

Promo

Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 82 votes

0%
    0%
    1%
    Fox Hound 1 vote
    10%
    big sykeNUTZZkilkennykittenebbsyRoger HassenfordercoolisinjohnrunssabhailOkon 9 votes
    28%
    GonzoYakuzaLizardKinggeeceePrefab SprouterYakulttomred1Hank Scorpiowillowthewispwinston82Zero-Cooldubsontourceadaoin.CPSWForeign SportsduffysfarmLucas HoodMrBobbyZMuirshin Durkin[Deleted User] 23 votes
    19%
    La_Gordyleche solarastorkerbofmusiknonstopwandatowellPirateShampooRemouadmojesiustiny timyCracklebrianregan09Lovely BlokeMac BBret HartD0NNELLY 16 votes
    13%
    uRbaNGBXclaivaskipper_GShaneUDarth MelkorrednogginElChe32Monifealchemist33crustybla 11 votes
    14%
    5starpoolfrashyayamarkuncleoswaldobriendjGavRedKingterryduff12parttimeEssiengarhjwJohn_D80MadamRazz 12 votes
    7%
    SilverfishCinaLone Stone8mvdexter647Froshtbit 6 votes
    4%
    Mr.Nice Guygrind gremlinshazzermanHombre Lobo 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Not a bad episode but I think the whole king thing is a big pain in the ass.
    It is going to happen that the kingdom joins rick and the crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Not a bad episode but the King is annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

OK, that music when they were walking into the junkyard to meet the female leader - did anybody else think 'Planet of the Apes??'

...and what's with her pidgin English???? jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    OK, that music when they were walking into the junkyard to meet the female leader - did anybody else think 'Planet of the Apes??'

Definitely, looked really good when they were assembling. But when Rick got up on the top with the female leader we can see a crappy blue screen effect. And what is that lion eating?

And what's the craic with everyone's teeth, they are perfect there must be a dentist going around doing nixers.

• Advertisement

^^that blue/green? screen was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Oh god yes so damn annoying! I enjoyed the episode but only coz of the Carol and Daryl scenes (I'm a sap). The fight with the spikey zombie was a bit lame tbh. A chase through the scrap yard maze or something might have been more dramatic but I'm sure they blew the budget on the stupid tiger cgi.
    I thought Tara's guilty squirming when asked an innocent question by Rick was a bit too obvious and annoyed me more than it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That was an hour I'll never get back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A seriously dodgey green screen complete with airplane! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

NUTZZ wrote: »
    A seriously dodgey green screen complete with airplane! :pac:

Unless airplanes started flying exactly like birds recently.....

Terrible YouTube vid

• Advertisement

gabriel-puts-a-knife-up-to-one-of-the-scavengers-tamiel.jpg

As an FYI, Tamiel was the one spying on Alexandria in the mid-season finale and who was in the car with Gabriel, which is why he took her hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It's been a few years of a zombie apocalypse. There is literally not one valid reason I can think of for the group to talk like that. "Take him up up up up" it was just really really dumb. My whole body cringed at the sheer stupidity of it.

It wasn't a bad episode on the whole just felt a bit flat somehow. The bit with Darryl and Carol was good. I'd have enjoyed an extra 5 mins of that and remove some of the pidgin flock stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

The show as a whole is going flat. The whole king crap is doing my head in and now this new bunch of inbreds. I didn't think it would ever happen but I'm starting to lose interest....hands down my fave show ever, but starting to slip.

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's been a few years of a zombie apocalypse. There is literally not one valid reason I can think of for the group to talk like that. "Take him up up up up" it was just really really dumb. My whole body cringed at the sheer stupidity of it.

"The language and dialogue is a way to keep their group cohesive. This dialogue is one way to separate them from the outside and cement that community. It's very succinct, clear and to the point

And as you can see from the heap and how all the trash is used, there's nothing that is wasted. In this case, it's the word; there's no need for extraneous words, it's just what you need and direct. The rest is just to be dropped back in the trash. It's also intimidating to outsiders and makes them that much more mysterious. Jadis keeps her cards close to her chest and her dialogue is one of the ways she can do it."

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The scenes in the junkyard were the worst of the series as a whole. Deciding whether to go to war based on shoving someone into battle against an armour plated walker? Ridiculous. I gave it a generous 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gabba Gabba Hey

Gave it 7. By mistake.

So eh, when is something - anything - going to happen?! 10 episodes in. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

Writer 1: " right. So rick and the gang need more troops to win this, what can we do"

Writer 2: "ehh who remembers mad max 2? Throw in loads of rejects from that!"

Writer 1:" wait...."

Writer 2:" and they live in a dump!"

Writer 1: " wouldn't that have been well scavenged by now?"

Writer 2:" shh shh shh what if they had an armour plated walker"

Writer 1:" ahh we've nothing else let's go with it"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet!:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I don't get why if they just "take and don't bother" then why are they so desperate for guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

ceadaoin. wrote:
    I don't get why if they just "take and don't bother" then why are they so desperate for guns?

Their leader spent a few minutes explaining this during the episode, before she pushed Rick in with the walker. She said something along the lines of things are changing, it's harder to scavenge now so they need weapons, presumably for protection, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm guessing the group in black were all residents in the same health services facility when the apocalypse came

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Why did they all walk around back & forth when they entered the scrap yard?
    There's better ways to for a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

skipper_G wrote: »
    The bit with Darryl and Carol was good.

I mostly agree but I thought the way Carol asked if everyone from Alexandria was OK was so overacted it almost looked like she was taking the piss. Very un-Carollike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm guessing the group in black were all residents in the same health services facility when the apocalypse came

They were all attendees of an emo convention when the outbreak happened. Luckily for them, their sickly pallor and complete lack of social skills meant that the zombies already thought they were dead. They picked the junkyard because ' that's what's like inside their hearts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Was better than last weeks episode, I enjoyed it!!! blue screen was awful tho!! 
    last nights episode was the first real episode that Darryl got to carry a few scenes and wasn't being tortured or silent,
    ,to be honest it was great viewing...if they ever kill him off, id imagine we are just going to have a lot of the same crap we have being watching

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Was an ok episode, bar the naff green screen stuff and the junkyard people speaking their own language!

In relation to the junkyard/landfill, surely in a post apocalyptic world where various groups exist, that a large setting like the junkyard would have been discovered already?

Groups out scavenging for anything would have a field day in places like this, for car parts, any fuel/batteries. One man's rubbish is another man's treasure etc

They will be making a trip to the Ocean side next to get some guns based on Ricks comments to Tara.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats an episode I'll likely forget in a few weeks time.

The armoured walker in the pit of rubbish was a serious :rolleyes: moment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

That was an odd little episode. Still trying to figure out what I thought of it.
    I suppose the Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic stuff was always going to come into play at some stage. But the half formed sentences was ridiculous! Do we have to listen to them speak like that all the time now?

Rick acted like he was drunk or something. The constant grins and the way he was going on was sort of surreal. The spiked helmet walker was alright but there was no tension, you knew Rick would walk away.

The Daryl/Carol stuff was decent, it was kind of sad that he couldn't tell her what happened. But they need to get Carol back with the group quickly as the hermit storyline is getting tired.

Even though the last two episodes have been more cohesive in terms of driving the story forward, they're still doing that thing where they focus on a particular character then forget all about them for half a season...step forward Dwight! Has he been seen at all since episode 2?

I think the show's raw power is gone. Right up until they entered Alexandria there was something visceral and charged about it (excluding nearly the whole of Season 2) but that seems to have been lost. This season's premiere obviously got back to that in a big way but it's just been meandering since then.

By the way, sulky and pouty Rosita has turned into one of the most annoying characters on the show, which is saying something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

NUTZZ wrote: »
    gabriel-puts-a-knife-up-to-one-of-the-scavengers-tamiel.jpg

As an FYI, Tamiel was the one spying on Alexandria in the mid-season finale and who was in the car with Gabriel, which is why he took her hostage.

Jeez, if you needed someone to clear that up for you..........well....I'll say no more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Figured their bizarre speech patterns were due to brain damage caused by living in a dump. The king is as annoying as ever and Rosita seems to be picking fights with everyone. Still an adequate filler episode to pick up some cannon fodder.

Advertisement