Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which iPhone to buy ?

Options
  • 18-02-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi currently I have an iPhone 4s that is 5yrs old and it's really playing on me - freezes-battery goes very quick-goes dead and takes a while to get it back on.. So I'm thinking to get a new one but I really don't have a clue which one -I would like to be as strong as the 4s -I dropped many many times and is still ok . Also where is the best place to buy it at a resonable price ? . Any help will b really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

A new battery fitted would cost approx 45

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The last phone I had was very outdated became unresponsive. I'd recommend the 5s or se if going for something similar or more up market the 6s maybe depends what you want from it. 5s is reasonably priced at the moment since price drops. You better off spending the money on a new phone than the battery as batteries its the luck of the draw I think. My last one kept draining and crashing my phone.

When the iPhone 8 goes on sale, the existing models will be a generation older and discounted even more.

16gb is no longer enough with iOS 10, at least 32 is needed. 16gb models will become virtually worthless soon.

Spending e45 on a fitted battery will tide you over until the 8 goes on sale. The battery with a fitting kit sells for e15.

Junking a phone because of a worn out battery which costs 15 to buy is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Oxter wrote: »
    When the iPhone 8 goes on sale, the existing models will be a generation older and discounted even more.

16gb is no longer enough with iOS 10, at least 32 is needed. 16gb models will become virtually worthless soon.

Spending e45 on a fitted battery will tide you over until the 8 goes on sale. The battery with a fitting kit sells for e15.

Junking a phone because of a worn out battery which costs 15 to buy is silly.

iPhone 8 isn't due out in Ireland until October, so basically the iPhone is 8 months away. It's an age, and then, when the 8 comes out, the 9 is only 12 months away. with iPhones if you chase the latest then you are always out of date technically. So I think in my opinion waiting for an 8 is an age.

I agree with the GB storage, if anything, id hold out until end of March. rumors are Apple will spec the GB up to 32GB entry for SE also. The SE is an amazing phone, it has the performance value of the iPhone 6S - winner.

To the original poster, the iPhone 8 rumor is suggesting this iPhone will cost over €1000 euro and come with a 5.2inch screen. Your 4S is a 3.5inch screen.

If you want something fast and future proof, wait until end of March and get the updated iPhone SE for around €499 and at 32GB.

flexcon wrote: »
    iPhone 8 isn't due out in Ireland until October, so basically the iPhone is 8 months away. It's an age, and then, when the 8 comes out, the 9 is only 12 months away. with iPhones if you chase the latest then you are always out of date technically. So I think in my opinion waiting for an 8 is an age.

I agree with the GB storage, if anything, id hold out until end of March. rumors are Apple will spec the GB up to 32GB entry for SE also. The SE is an amazing phone, it has the performance value of the iPhone 6S - winner.

To the original poster, the iPhone 8 rumor is suggesting this iPhone will cost over €1000 euro and come with a 5.2inch screen. Your 4S is a 3.5inch screen.

If you want something fast and future proof, wait until end of March and get the updated iPhone SE for around €499 and at 32GB.

A 32gb for 499 or a 64 at 559, both great future proof phones.

Add in AppleCare, 99 for 2 years and a prepay or sim only contract and it's high tech Apple phone use at low cost for the next 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

If you purchase an iPhone new from adverts can you still go to apple to buy the applecare for that?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    If you purchase an iPhone new from adverts can you still go to apple to buy the applecare for that?

An authorized reseller will also sell AppleCare.

Ensure the phone is unlocked and not network tied.

It's as cheap to buy new from Apple.

Advertisement