Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You may not text me - Remove that permission please

Options
  • 18-02-2017 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I received a text this week from EI letting me know I had not paid my balance within x days. I don't ever want to see a text from EI on my phone again. If you want to contact me send a letter or CALL me. 

I don't remember giving my permission to allow contact via SMS. Please point out to me where I gave that consent, and in the mean time put me on your DO NOT SMS list.

It is BEYOND annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

:)

Thanks for that Mr. S - I will definitely remove change that option. As you can see it sent me over the edge!

EI Reps. Can you please respond. I checked my contact options and they are attached. SMS is not checked as you can see.

I sent an email to 'service@electricireland.ie' but based on past experience with email to EI, I would prefer a response here.

Can you confirm you will not contact me regarding ANYTHING ever again via SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Deub

EI wrote:
    Hi folks,

Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Reps are:

Electric Ireland: Una
    Electric Ireland: Aoife
    Electric Ireland: Brige

All the best,
    Una/Electric Ireland team

The screenshot is about special offers and I don't think it applies for communications about payments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

percy212 wrote: »

Thanks for that Mr. S - I will definitely remove change that option. As you can see it sent me over the edge!

Haha lol. Being sent over the edge because you got an uninstrusive text instead of a call.

Calm down pal.

EI Reps. Can you please respond. I checked my contact options and they are attached. SMS is not checked as you can see.

I sent an email to 'service@electricireland.ie' but based on past experience with email to EI, I would prefer a response here.

That's marketing preferences. Marketing.

Not chasing up unpaid bills.

• Advertisement

Haha lol. Being sent over the edge because you got an uninstrusive text instead of a call.

Calm down pal.
    Glad you find it amusing. I think I have a right to choose how I am contacted.

That's marketing preferences. Marketing.

Not chasing up unpaid bills.
    Go hassle someone else please. [snipped]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Go hassle someone else please. [snipped].

Hassle? Jaysus the poster is trying to help/tell you something

Relax before you blow a fuse over a text .... That's just 'Shocking'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If you look at their online times you'll notice they are here Mon-Fri. Today being Saturday i assume they are not available

Glad you find it amusing. I think I have a right to choose how I am contacted.

I do.

What's wrong with getting a text? It's pretty much instant and you can just glance down at it to see you the content of it or if you are busy you can see it later on in the day.
    You don't need to invest time into answering a call at a time that might not suit and you would be back here complaining they rang you while you were having a ****.
    Or spend 30 minutes on hold with them returning a phone call.

A text is the best. Get over yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Deub

I don't think you can choose how to be contacted if you owe money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I know how you can guarantee they won't contact you by text about unpaid bills.

Pay them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

You seem to take a hard line, so all EI has to do is cut you off the next time you don't pay your bill :-? smells of self entitlement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Would love to know how you think they will know it's "You". What with using an anonymous name and providing no details of who you really are.!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can't really offer you advice other than if you've difficulty paying Electric Ireland you better off to be all nice to them than the way your coming across in your post or you could easily find a guy from the ESB at your door and your could end up with a disconnection/call out fee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi percy212,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Reminders are sent to customers a number of ways, should a balance remain outstanding on their Electric Ireland account for an extended period of time.

If a payment plan were set on your Electric Ireland account, this would eliminate the need for any reminders to be sent to you.

If you would like us to set a payment plan onto your account, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into setting this up for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Hi percy212,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Reminders are sent to customers a number of ways, should a balance remain outstanding on their Electric Ireland account for an extended period of time.

If a payment plan were set on your Electric Ireland account, this would eliminate the need for any reminders to be sent to you.

If you would like us to set a payment plan onto your account, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into setting this up for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Have you called around to his house and asked him if you could post in his thread?

Advertisement