Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked number barring on iphone

Options
  • 18-02-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Anyone know how?

I cant restrict calls to my phonebook entries and the apps i have seen do not work in this country.

This feature is available on most Androids but Apple have never offered it. Why not?

I have tried everything I found on google and nothing works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Oxter wrote: »
    Anyone know how?

I cant restrict calls to my phonebook entries and the apps i have seen do not work in this country.

This feature is available on most Androids but Apple have never offered it. Why not?

I have tried everything I found on google and nothing works.

Can you be a little clearer Oxter? In particular explain this little beauty; "I cant restrict calls to my phonebook entries and the apps.." Blocking calls on an iPhone is quite simple. What apps are you talking about, Skype?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

He means restricting incoming calls to only his contacts or maybe even blocking numbers that have the number hidden. Neither is possible on an iPhone afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

naasrd wrote: »
    Can you be a little clearer Oxter? In particular explain this little beauty; "I cant restrict calls to my phonebook entries and the apps.." Blocking calls on an iPhone is quite simple. What apps are you talking about, Skype?

The 'Do not disturb" setting allows calls to be received from everyone, all contacts, no-one or favorites.

There are call blocker apps to block unknown callers but these work only in America. There is 1 app that unmasks hidden callet id's but again America only.

Blocking specific numbers is simple. Not hidden numbers with no caller id.

I need to allow calls from visible numbers, i.e clients office landlines

Advertisement