Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOV DUTY ATM POSxxxx

• 18-02-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

'Government Duty ATM Point of Sale (I presume)' has appeared on my online BofI account - .96 cent. How on earth was that amount calculated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

12c per transaction up to a max of €2.50 (yep, not evenly divisible, I can't even...), so 8 transactions.

Same thing appeared on my account yesterday out of the blue for 4.56??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Same thing appeared on my account yesterday out of the blue for 4.56??

The annual Government Stamp Duty cost will be charged at a rate of €0.12 per ATM transaction. Government Stamp Duty only applies to ATM transactions carried out within Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland). This charge is capped at €2.50 if you only use your debit card for ATM transactions and capped at €5 if you use your debit card for both purchases and ATM transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thank you to all - and if I get cash as part of a transaction in a shop, am I charged the Gov duty? I can't see a reference to this in banks' info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Which back are you with?

• Advertisement

I thought the gov charges were at the end of march/start of April?

Thank you to all - and if I get cash as part of a transaction in a shop, am I charged the Gov duty? I can't see a reference to this in banks' info.

- No it's only ATM withdrawals in the Republic of Ireland when you are charged the Government duty.

I thought the gov charges were at the end of march/start of April?

- That's the €30 Credit Card Government duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks very much, must remember that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Mine was the full fiver on one card and 2.50 on another one.

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    Mine was the full fiver on one card and 2.50 on another one.

If you had just used the card that was capped at €2.50 for all ATM withdrawals you could have saved yourself €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Delta2113 wrote: »
    If you had just used the card that was capped at €2.50 for all ATM withdrawals you could have saved yourself €5.

Could've paid off the mortgage with that kind of saving.

Advertisement