Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe ban.

Options
  • 18-02-2017 4:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

I received a ban from the cafe for "generalising" rioters. It's ridiculous, reverse it please, I sent the mod a pm and he said I should take it to here. I suppose I am generalising the rioters, it's the same people who rioted when a cartoon offended them and who never riot about the various terrorist attacks, but surly yous aren't going to enforce the generalisation rule that far?

Those bankrobers put greed before people's safety! That's a ban for generalising them as greedy?

All politicians are liars, is that a paddling?

Etc etc.

"Can you point out the sweeping generalisation I have been banned for?"

"the same ones who can mobilise at the sight of a cartoon picture yet remain anonymous when trucks, bombs and bullets rain on the innocent in their hundreds

See the bit in bold above. The rest of your post has more, e.g. marauding gangs, etc

If you want to appeal it take it to DRP"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Here is the post in full that I got banned for.

It's really getting bad in France! Marauding gangs terrorising people, tourists have been told to avoid Paris! Look at this video, the fact it's black gangs attacking whites won't be mentioned by the modern fake media.

http://www.express.co....-train-station-fight

This is modern Europe, one man apparently abused by police can illicit a certain section of society, the same ones who can mobilise at the sight of a cartoon picture yet remain anonymous when trucks, bombs and bullets rain on the innocent in their hundreds, and still, still the liberal media asks "how can we adapt, how can we be less offensive, how should we change"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll notify the CMods

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'll look into this for you.

Please forward or post any PM's you sent/received in relation to this.

Thanks.

Toots wrote: »
    I'll look into this for you.

Please forward or post any PM's you sent/received in relation to this.

Thanks.

All info in the op bud.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OK, looking at this it's a fairly cut and dried case of generalisation that goes against the mod warning in the first post of the EU Immigration thread.

The mod has already pointed out where you're making generalisations, in fact I'd say that most of your post is generalisation.

There's a zero tolerance on that thread, it's bans only, no cards, as explained in the OP. I'm upholding your 1 day ban. If you wish you can request an admin review to see if they agree with my decision.

• Advertisement

Yes, as it's fairly ridiculous I'd like a administration review, surly generalising rioters is OK? I assume the rule is to stop the likes of "All blacks are ......." or "all catholics are......" type stuff, not "all looters are thieves"

If you can now get censored for a post like mine boards.ie will be far removed from a discussion board and finally complete it's transition into a echo chamber, I get yous, as I hope yous will admit are mostly a collection of mod/admins with roughly the same outlook on political opinion and will disagree with my echo chamber comment but I feel if this ban is upheld and looking at other such like bans people like me won't be able to express an alternative view, for example pointing out the pitfalls of mass immigration can be stifled under any amount of rules, it's literally to the point I would need a solicitor to proofread my posts to not fall foul, yous have created an environment where certain opinion is without question stifled.

I know many of you guys wonder why post numbers are plummeting, I know yous question why, is it cloudflair? The new site? The way people use the Internet? Or mabey it's the obvious answer, you guys have no diversity of opinion at the higher level and people soon tire of agreement.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've reviewed the ban and I uphold the decision. You were generalising, in a thread which has a very explicitly stated zero tolerance. Use this warning as a chance to improve the quality of your debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement