Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos in the workplace

Options
  • 18-02-2017 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Just looking for peoples opinions and experiences of having visible tattoos in a professional environment.

I'm early thirties, female, and have worked for years in offices (e.g. accounting firms etc.). Now I've been out of work quite a while, and during that time got quite a large, colourful tattoo on one side of my chest (i.e. from collarbone down.)

I hope to return to work soon, and could MAYBE hide it in a high-neck top for interviews if necessary ... However day-to-day, wearing typical office-wear (dresses, blouses etc) it would be partially visible most of the time.

Will employers typically have a problem with this? It would be quite difficult to manage to keep it fully hidden all of the time!

Before anyone says I shouldn't have gotten it - no regrets, to be honest. I love it and jobs will always come and go, this minor (potential) difficulty I'm having is well outweighed by looking in the mirror every day and smiling when I see my lovely bit of art ... It brightens up my day, and I actually love showing it off! :)

Just curious though about how it's likely to go down in an office. Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement