Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50cc scooter insurance, getting insane quotes.

• 18-02-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1 _MikeB_

I have a full category AM and B category license. It's not Irish, but it is EU. I've been trying to get a quote for a 50cc moped. I'm 19, and haven't been insured on a bike before, so I wasn't expecting a particularly cheap quote, but Carole Nash wanted 1089€! I tried liberty, and they want 950€. This is for third party, fire, and theft.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is anyone here insured on a small bike? Is this what I should expect to be quoted? I've had friends the same age as me tell me they're being quoted €350 on 125cc bikes!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

_MikeB_ wrote: »
    I have a full category AM and B category license. It's not Irish, but it is EU. I've been trying to get a quote for a 50cc moped. I'm 19, and haven't been insured on a bike before, so I wasn't expecting a particularly cheap quote, but Carole Nash wanted 1089€! I tried liberty, and they want 950€. This is for third party, fire, and theft.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is anyone here insured on a small bike? Is this what I should expect to be quoted? I've had friends the same age as me tell me they're being quoted €350 on 125cc bikes!

Thanks in advance!

I'd say your mates are lying, your insured against the things you can hit. Cost of the thing your driving means little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your mates are not paying 350 for insurance at that age.

End of story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Did you enquire if the quote could have been cheaper if you had an Irish driving licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

Hi try axa bike insurance (01) 450 8885. I've a full am and pay €250 fully comp it's the lowest I can get it. I'm 35, think you mate.is messing with you

That's cheap kid, try 2,000 I paid hibernian when I was 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

In my previous experience the likes of CN will quote seemingly excessive amounts for moped insurance.

When I first got a moped I went with AON (or whatever they were at the time) as they were by far the cheapest. AON stopped doing bike cover so I'm now with AXA.

Definitely give AXA a go but ask about if it would be cheaper if you held an IE license.

Advertisement