Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards users bike fleets - with added chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

463832.jpg

Built up yesterday, quick run out this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

a2yao7.jpg

Another French frame to replace my old Look 566, ultegra 6800 for now, Di2 in the spring, Zipp 302's pictured though I've since put my Zondas on it for it for the winter too. I can't get over how responsive it feels overall, compared to to the look anyway, especially on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

clog wrote: »
    463832.jpg

Built up yesterday, quick run out this morning.

Lovely but would look better with a vintage shiny chainset

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

to be fair, i don't have it anymore, but this was one of the best bikes i've owned. a raleigh strika, 1985.

463976.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mi16

Just two bikes in the fleet - both of which potentially for sale due to a relocation to the states in the new year. Drop me a PM if interested (both are medium)

Picked up the MTB to encourage me out on sh1ttier days over the winter months and have loved it. Outside of regular trips to Ticknock/Balinastoe I've have some great adventures with it - last November I cycled the Grand Canal from the basin to Tullamore.

1. Look 576 Aero - running Sram components and 3T wheels/bar/stem
    4V0f8eK.jpg?2

2. Storck Rebel 7 - running Shimano XT and DT swiss wheels
    cHw4iO4.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Latest addition...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

After some spacers arrived, I've finally built up the bike to something I'm happy to display here. The more I look at this picture, I feel like the saddle is at a weird angle, its a new (to me) saddle so plenty of adjustment's still I reckon :o

466605.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Popped on new wheels. Those Prime wheels from the bargain alerts thread look pretty good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

Deano12345 wrote: »
    After some spacers arrived, I've finally built up the bike to something I'm happy to display here. The more I look at this picture, I feel like the saddle is at a weird angle, its a new (to me) saddle so plenty of adjustment's still I reckon :oh

466605.jpg

The bars could do with being turned forward too, so the bottom of the bars are more horizontal with the ground.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Alanbt wrote: »
    Popped on new wheels. Those Prime wheels from the bargain alerts thread look pretty good to me!

Drool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

a2yao7.jpg

Another French frame to replace my old Look 566, ultegra 6800 for now, Di2 in the spring, Zipp 302's pictured though I've since put my Zondas on it for it for the winter too. I can't get over how responsive it feels overall, compared to to the look anyway, especially on the front.

Beautiful Time. Nearly picked one up s/hand last year, always a marque that I've an eye on. Looks like you could do with rotating your bars up though, and you would likely be able to drop a spacer under the stem and still be in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Cheers, yea I love riding it. Bar angle looks a bit weird in the pic alright, they're k wings so a bit of weird shape anyhows, not so tilted straight on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Alanbt wrote: »

So much nicer than mine! These look slick!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

merckx and lemond

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

kas vitus and bianchi

Steel, aluminium, titanium and carbon:

bVLgvEu.jpg

4VDG2Ay.jpg

3FhvOep.jpg

9qjrmZD.jpg

mK5oYCZ.jpg

And two recent additions:

wNiTEoe.jpg

cRsuSmF.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you know, as a mod, i'm allowed confiscate one bike per thread. thinking about my next course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

@letape - seems you are a Campagnolo fan alright........

To say I'm jealous is the understatement of the year.

bsb1971 wrote: »
    @letape - seems you are a Campagnolo fan alright........

To say I'm jealous is the understatement of the year.

Cheers bsb1971 - well spotted. I have never tried sram on a road bike and only had one bike with shimano - a Rocky Mountain Turbo (nice Bike - dreadful name!) with Dura-Ace back around 2000. I don’t like the look of the new 12 speed groupsets so can’t see myself changing what I have anytime soon.

with the carrera and tommasini - did they arrive intact as they are, or did you put them together yourself?

• Advertisement

with the carrera and tommasini - did they arrive intact as they are, or did you put them together yourself?

I bought the carrera frame as new old stock from a bike shop in Geneva (had never been built) and the Tommasini frame used from someone on here. I had most of the parts collected over years and just needed the frames and a few other bits to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Hardly a 'fleet' but hey...….reilly.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

guym wrote: »

That is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Lovely looking frame, can you give us some details of it, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

nee wrote: »
    Lovely

That's just your Ladies's View...

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Lovely looking frame, can you give us some details of it, please.
    Thanks.....it's a bespoke frame from Reilly Cycleworks based in Brighton UK. Reynolds 953 stainless steel tubing, Columbus minimal carbon forks sprayed to match frame. Built for comfort and it certainly is, didn't see much action last year due to illness but hopefully put a few more miles on her next year.

ford2600 wrote: »
    That's just your Ladies's View...

Well spotted..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Thanks.....it's a bespoke frame from Reilly Cycleworks based in Brighton UK. Reynolds 953 stainless steel tubing, Columbus minimal carbon forks sprayed to match frame. Built for comfort and it certainly is, didn't see much action last year due to illness but hopefully put a few more miles on her next year.

I thought I recognised the forks, I have the same forks on an old Peugeot.

• Advertisement

hmm, have been to their site but despite listing 'bikes and frames' the prices seem to all be for full bikes.

not that i need to know the price of one, i'm not in the market for a bike at the moment.

Advertisement