Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working at The Shelbourne Hotel..

Options
  • 18-02-2017 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I will hopefully be starting work in The Shelbourne during the Summer and I would like recommendations on a nice, safe area to live in. I'm 22 and don't drive so walking distant/near by public transport would be handy. I'm originally from Galway and not familiar with Dublin. I was searching on Facebook for Dublin accommodation groups but couldn't find any hp to date ones so I'd appreciate a link to one. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I will hopefully be starting work in The Shelbourne during the Summer and I would like recommendations on a nice, safe area to live in. I'm 22 and don't drive so walking distant/near by public transport would be handy. I was searching on Facebook for Dublin accommodation groups but couldn't find any hp to date ones so I'd appreciate a link to one. Thanks in advance!

All depends on money you have but look at likes of dart line or luas. So anywhere out green line would suit.

Its going to be extremely difficult to find accommodation.

Places being safe well noone can answer that as such as anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I will hopefully be starting work in The Shelbourne during the Summer and I would like recommendations on a nice, safe area to live in. I'm 22 and don't drive so walking distant/near by public transport would be handy. I was searching on Facebook for Dublin accommodation groups but couldn't find any hp to date ones so I'd appreciate a link to one. Thanks in advance!
    Will you be doing shift work? If so you will need to factor in early starts and late finishes and check what bus routes will best match your schedule. Otherwise you will be spending money on taxis. Can you ask their HR department nearer the date if you can post an accommodation request on a staff notice board? You might get a house share even just to start you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it is only for the summer, try college residences or Ranelagh / Rathmines / South Circular Road.

Advertisement